LG SN7CY Soundbar Review & Comments

Could we get another review with the sub. included please? It would be interesting to see how it integrated and what improvements it bought as a solution.

Could we get another review with the sub. included please? It would be interesting to see how it integrated and what improvements it bought as a solution.
You must have missed this line in the review:
"There’s no option to add a separate subwoofer (wired or wireless)"

@Steve Withers I'm slightly concerned by the last photograph in the review, the one taken from quite high above. I trust that you didn't endanger yourself in taking the photograph (climbing a ladder, levitating, etc)? :)

You must have missed this line in the review:
"There’s no option to add a separate subwoofer (wired or wireless)"
There is a different model – the SN7Y – that comes with a sub, but I have no plans to review it.

I am relieved to hear it!

I bought the version with the sub. SN7Y. The Sub adds a lot of bass as you'd expect, certainly enough for me. Its a wireless sub in terms of it connecting to the soundbar, but you do need to plug it in.

Other than the added Bass, i'd say the rest of the review would be the same for the SN7Y as it is for the SN7CY. I got it for £449 at Currys, and i was happy to pay an extra £50 for a sub, but it seems to have gone up to £469

I'll be adding the SPK8 rear speakers as soon as they're available again anywhere. I was wondering if a new model of rear speakers are on the way since you cant seem to buy the SPK8 anymore

I got confused with the model numbers, I confess. I’m not a fan of wireless subs. though.

Possibly, but not at the moment.
Any reason why? You seem to be the only, or possibly one a very small amount of publications that has not. Seems strange that a big name brand, Dolby Atmos soundbar release would go completely unchecked by someone like avforums.

Any reason why? You seem to be the only, or possibly one a very small amount of publications that has not. Seems strange that a big name brand, Dolby Atmos soundbar release would go completely unchecked by someone like avforums.
Partly sample availability, but I'm also busy doing other things like the SN11RG at the moment.

I got confused with the model numbers, I confess.
Apologies to you, Sir, for my not checking which subwoofer you had been referring to.

I’m not a fan of wireless subs. though.
I'm not a fan of the notion of "wireless" anything, because they are not truly wireless, you still have to connect the speaker or soundbar to the mains electricity! So all they do is exchange a speaker cable from the amplifier / receiver for a mains cable from the wall socket to the unit!

You should have got Curry's to price match Peter Tyson for the LG SL8Y as its the same price as the SN7Y

You should have got Curry's to price match Peter Tyson for the LG SL8Y as its the same price as the SN7Y
Currys will only price match, Argos , Jlp, large entitys not small retailers.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-07-26 204008.jpg
    Annotation 2020-07-26 204008.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 108
I will be going into currys tomorrow to pick the SL8Y will let you know how i get on:smashin:

Well I managed to get curry's to price match Peter Tyson for the SL8 but then the sales assistant put a spanner in the works and said that they could do the SL9 for an extra £60 as he could apply some sort of discount I was also buying a fire TV cube.... Be stupid not to I guess so I got the SL9 for £509.95

I got the SN7Y on Friday and overall it's 100% better than my old JVC soundbar ( not too difficult ). There are just a few things that I can't get my head around.
I've got my Freeview going into my Xbox then that gets plugged into the soundbar then I've got my arc cable going into the arc hdmi in the back of my Panasonic, oh I've got it connected via an optical cable as well.

Every time I turn the system on I have to cycle through the input on the soundbar before i get a picture on the screen and I don't know if I've set it up correctly or whether my hdmi cables are up to the job. Any suggestions would be great.

Hi everyone. Noob question.
I have the LG SN7Cy hooked up to my LG55BX6LB OLED via eArc. I am suffering with audio lag for in built apps like netflix and also from my series x games console. Its noticeably worse witb dolby atmos. Dolby digital outputs and stereo outputs dont seem to lag as much, although iplayer has lagged on me. It was the same with my nano866 which i swapped for light bleed and went oled.
How do i fix the lag as the av sync adjustment option is useless. Everything is connected using 2.1 hdmi cables. The series x is connected to hdmi 4 which is high speed, the sound bar is connected to hdmi port 3 which is denoted earc. The bar is also connected via the port marked arc tv out.
On the settings in the tv passthrough is enabled and bitstream is enabled with the sudio source set to auto.
Nothing fixes the lag. Lg customer support are useless.

not put the series x through the bar as i want 120fps 4k so thats directly to the tv

try turning of cec?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom