Question LG TV (LG43UK6300PLB) suddenly lost all channels and can't find anything when retuning. Potentially coincided with 05.20.03 software update [UK]

HarryMoon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello

As the title says, my TV has lost all channels and can't find any if I try to retune. It was working one minute, then I watched something on Netflix, then I came back and it said No Signal. I tried to retune, found nothing, and now it says Not Programmed. Other inputs still work fine.

I think the issue might have coincided with the installation of the new software update 05.20.03. Could this be the cause? Literally nothing else has changed.

I've tried a factory reset (or Return to Initial Settings) but I'm pretty sure it kept the latest software update, so that was worse than useless.

Any advice welcome. Thanks!

A factory reset won’t regress the firmware to an earlier version. The loss of TV services could be down to something as simple as the aerial cable falling out of the back of the TV? Have you checked? Has anything else changed recently? Is your area subject to a Freeview retune? If so, do you still have the correct aerial? If the TV was working post firmware update then stopped working it could be that the TV tuner module has failed. Can you check the aerial cable feed with another device?

The aerial cable is still plugged in (at both ends!), and we're not subject to a Freeview retune. And no transmitter issues/faults are listed on the website. Could the aerial itself have been dislodged? I'm in a small block of flats so it's not solely my aerial and I don't have access to the roof to check it.

I've noticed that other parts of the country are having Freeview issues – Scotland, London, the North West. I'm in north Essex, but it seems like too much of a coincidence for my telly to experience such disruption at the same time as lots of other people…

A total loss of channels would suggest that your local transmitter is down, not unheard of but unlikely. Your communal aerial system might be down though. Are your neighbours have issues too? It could just be the feed to your flat that’s died. Do you have another TV that you could check with, or a PVR? If a second device works, it’s pretty certain to be your TV. If a second device diesn’t work, then you’re almost certainly looking at something external to your flat.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom