Question Lightroom editing PC spec...

pixelpoacher

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looking for a bit of help if possible... I want a pc for image editing, lightroom, photoshop etc, have a good Dell monitor and keyboard etc.
What kind of spec would do the job, not needing super speeds for commercial use, just plodding along at home editing ....

Many thanks

Darrin

Minimum system requirements for Lightroom Classic and Photoshop

Windows Machine

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

CPU - Intel® or AMD processor with 64-bit support*; 2 GHz or faster processor (Intel i3, 15 and i7 or AMDRyzen)

RAM - 4 GB of RAM (12 GB recommended) DDR3 or above

Disk Space - 2 GB of available hard-disk space for program installation.

Monitor resolution - 1024 x 768 display

GPU – With DirectX 12 or OpenGL 3.3 support, 1 GB Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM (4 GB recommended) for large, high-resolution monitors, such as 4K- and 5K-resolution monitors.

MacOS

CPU Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support

OS - macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.14 (Mojave), macOS 10.15 (Catalina)

RAM - 4 GB of RAM (12 GB recommended)

Disk Space 2 GB of available hard-disk space for program installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices).

Monitor resolution - 1024 x 768 display

GPU With macOS 10.13 or later with Metal support, 1 GB of Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM (4 GB recommended) for large, high-resolution monitors, such as 4K- and 5K-resolution monitors.

When you consider the required specs, which a fairly basic, you will see that most current new machines will provide more than the actual requirements of Lightroom and Photoshop . You can choose either a Windows or MAC platform. Your basically looking for a machine that has the capacities stated above.

One of the most important aspects to consider is the speed of your hard drive, you should really consider an SSD, or at least a combination of SSD and conventional hard drives. As is RAM, the more the better.

If you need a hand in identifying machines that fit your budget, which you haven't mentioned, let us know.

I've used an old Lenovo T410 - i5 - 8GB Ram - 1TB HD - res - not sure

And -

A Dell 7710 - i7 - 16GB Ram - 256 GB SSD - 1TB HD - res - 1080 .

Make sure to invest in some external hard drives to copy your photos onto - 2 would be good , 3 better .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom