Lightweight TV for wall mounting?

Welshman10

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I moved into a new build house 2 years ago. When buying extras, I got them to add a double TV socket and an aerial socket bang in the middle of the dining room wall as a TV would look great there.

It's now time I actually got a TV up on that wall!

What I'm looking for is a Full HD TV with built in freeview HD tuner and 3+ HDMI sockets for casting and streaming (though I could live with 2 HDMIs if it was the deal breaker). Smart features a bonus but I've got Amazon TV stick and 2 chrome casts already so not too bothered.

It needs to be quite a thin TV and must be relatively light as its a modern house with crappy walls. I'd say a 32-40 would suffice. Can anyone recommend anything....I'm going round in circles a bit. I find one with the features I want but the TV is too thick. Then I find a thin TV but it only has 1 HDMI socket etc etc

I'd rather keep spending under £300, maybe £350 at a push. If there's nothing in that price bracket I will have to decide whether to move a unit into the dining room and not wall mount, or look for a more expensive tv.

Cheers

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thinnest TV I know are the LG's .. to be honest if tv is going to be close to wall you would be suprised on how much weight can be handled by wall fixings . They won't pull out as the nearer the wall the tv is "less gravity" is applied , so less stress on the bolts/screws

Any particular reason you need it to be FHD and not UHD? Most FHD models have 2 HDMIs.

Also that budget is very small. I think the Samsung 40M5 FHD series fits the bill but likely out of your price range.

FHD models cheaper seem to all be using 2x HDMIs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom