Loewe announce OLED TV - bild 7.

I’ve tried to contact one of the staff on Facebook but he hasn’t been on Facebook since 2017.

The name I gave you replied to me in February. Are you sure you've contacted the right person?

The name I gave you replied to me in February. Are you sure you've contacted the right person?
Yes Steven James Frangopulo. He is a technical engineer for Loewe Manchester gallerie

Attachments

• 8D16378E-D385-4269-8CC1-7993024DA63B.png
    8D16378E-D385-4269-8CC1-7993024DA63B.png
    484.4 KB · Views: 66
Yes Steven James Frangopulo. He is a technical engineer for Loewe Manchester gallerie
Yes, that's him. You may need to wait for a reply but he did reply to my PM.

Wow😳 That means I could be completely done for, as I haven’t had the tv more than 2 years and I paid a lot of money for the tv. The Manchester gallerie shop where I bought it is shut and I’ve tried to contact one of the staff on Facebook but he hasn’t been on Facebook since 2017. I’ve emailed Loewe a few days ago but I haven’t had any response. I need a screen for my tv and I don’t mind paying for it if I have to, but my tv engineer said Loewe spares doesn’t do those screens anymore. How can it be possible that no one is responsible for it.
Try emailing [email protected] they are the UK agents for Loewe and can advise re spares

I've logged in to my Google account on a PC with a UHD display and the 4K videos are still only being streamed at 1280*720@60. So it's not the TV, it's the service. What's going on?
Probably due to reduced streaming quality linked with numbers logging on due to Coronavirus

Probably due to reduced streaming quality linked with numbers logging on due to Coronavirus
I asked the question elsewhere and it’s throttled by default. You have to select the 3 dots and then the 4K option is available and plays. Hopefully not forever.

I might have imagined this but I’m sure I once read in the manual about a ‘spare‘ button on the remote that can be programme?

The procedure for swapping the screen format (Talking Pictures 4:3) seems very protracted and I’m looking for a quicker option.........

I’ve been through the book a couple of times but can’t see it now......

Can anyone help?

Settings..Control..Key Function *

Many thanks mb, l knew I’d seen the option somewhere, little wonder I couldn’t find it, well buried in the menu...........ta.

Wow😳 That means I could be completely done for, as I haven’t had the tv more than 2 years and I paid a lot of money for the tv. The Manchester gallerie shop where I bought it is shut and I’ve tried to contact one of the staff on Facebook but he hasn’t been on Facebook since 2017. I’ve emailed Loewe a few days ago but I haven’t had any response. I need a screen for my tv and I don’t mind paying for it if I have to, but my tv engineer said Loewe spares doesn’t do those screens anymore. How can it be possible that no one is responsible for it.
I wouldn’t hold out much hope. I bought a new Loewe OLED TV and just a year later it had a fixed pixel on the screen. I emailed Loewe and they said they couldn’t help as it was a new company.
I have bought six Loewe TV’s over the past 25 years but there is no way I would ever buy another one, long before they went bust their customer service had become hopeless.
I blame myself for not buying at John Lewis as I have done for most of my electrical stuff for 40 years, except for Hi-Fi equipment I as like Naim.

I will email them. Thank you. Really appreciate the response
Any joy my friend? I have a problem having just cracked my Connect 40in whilst moving it! I have emailed them also re a replacement panel but I hold out zero hope as it a 2016 model. Be careful when moving a TV that you don't put pressure on the screen with your fingers like I did.

Last edited:
I am now looking at what to buy instead; probably a 43in Philips with Direct LED and Ambilight.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t hold out much hope. I bought a new Loewe OLED TV and just a year later it had a fixed pixel on the screen. I emailed Loewe and they said they couldn’t help as it was a new company.
I have bought six Loewe TV’s over the past 25 years but there is no way I would ever buy another one, long before they went bust their customer service had become hopeless.
I blame myself for not buying at John Lewis as I have done for most of my electrical stuff for 40 years, except for Hi-Fi equipment I as like Naim.
You have a point however most manufacturers always have a acceptable tolerance when it come to pixel failure eg up to 4 or so they will regard as not valid for repair/replacement. So if Loewe had been solvent I doubt they would have done anything if that makes you feel a bit better! Customers tend to have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Loewe. The design is great (best out there imo) as is build and sound quality but software is annoying requiring constant updates and the components are mainly made by Hisense ( as I discovered when I took the back off the TV) so don't be under the illusion the actual technology used is superior to far cheaper TV's. I think many people will be worried about future warranty claims with the new organisation as we live in difficult times

Last edited:
You have a point however most manufacturers always have a acceptable tolerance when it come to pixel failure eg up to 4 or so they will regard as not valid for repair/replacement. So if Loewe had been solvent I doubt they would have done anything if that makes you feel a bit better! Customers tend to have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Loewe. The design is great (best out there imo) as is build and sound quality but software is annoying requiring constant updates and the components are mainly made by Hisense ( as I discovered when I took the back off the TV) so don't be under the illusion the actual technology used is superior to far cheaper TV's. I think many people will be worried about future warranty claims with the new organisation as we live in difficult times
One of my 5 that was exchanged was because of a dead pixel, I don't think its acceptable on a TV that costs this much. That was pre the 'change' though, and for every exchange I had to keep chasing it.

Last edited:
If I am right I think it depends where the pixel is ie dead center of screen or to the edge; this is from the Bild 7 manual:
The TV set with LCD screen or OLED screen purchased by you meets
the highest quality standards and has been checked for pixel errors.
Despite of thorough care when manufacturing the display, it cannot
be 100% guaranteed that no subpixel defects will occur due to techni-
cal reasons.
Please understand that these types of effects, as long as they are
within the limits specified in the standard, cannot be considered as a
device defect in terms of the guarantee

Software update imminent hopefully in next week or so.

Thanks for your comment mb1357 - I did have some problems in my early V6 box days and bought a couple of expensive cables that seemed to help quite a bit and the Apple 4K box has that nifty trick where it checks the cables and all is well there, but every now and again - it just won't play without a 'power off' routine.

I can live with it, bugs the wife more than me.......

I'll add that I doubt more money on even better cables would fix it inasmuch as once the Loewe gets to the 'No Signal Detected' notice there's no going back - it's all locked / frozen - 'power off' being the only option and that often leads to the 'blue light' and the subsequent doom and gloom from the set for turning it on whilst it was busy.........
Hopefully new software will address this; I have been also plagued by this occasionally but it does seem related to whether the TV is in recording mode or preparing to record

hAVE YOU
Will this fix my dead pixel....:laugh:
You could go into service menu and force the JB cycle to run (ie the one that runs every 1500 hrs)

hAVE YOU

You could go into service menu and force the JB cycle to run (ie the one that runs every 1500 hrs)
Hi, I have tried that twice but it didn't fix it unfortunately.

new software release notes

see attached

Attachments

• External_Software_Release_Notes_SL4xx_V5.2.0_EN_final.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom