London’s murder rate continues upwards

And why are they generally paid less than equivalent ethnicities?

Couple lower pay, with lower achievement in school, and potentially less opportunities as a result of both. Add on the higher likelihood of single parent families, meaning one parent having to work more hours to earn enough money and you end up with a higher likelihood of crime and falling into gang culture to make money.

More simple fact is its easy n cool option for some ,however good or bad the upbringing . They call eachother out or disrespect on Facebook n the like it's a game .

The problem for me it seems is one can not target the problem without being seen as targeting a minority group and being called out as racist etc .

We seem to be living in a world where targeting a minority on crime is worse than letting them kill eachother .
The left were afraid to do anything about grooming gangs because of "racism." Nothing's changed.

More simple fact is its easy n cool option for some ,however good or bad the upbringing . They call eachother out or disrespect on Facebook n the like it's a game .

So only black people use Facebook?

Wow, take that out of context to what my post was about . Or you saying I am wrong ?

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just not entirely sure the reason for more black people being involved in knife crime is Facebook. It’s definitely an indicator/involved though.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just not entirely sure the reason for more black people being involved in knife crime is Facebook. It’s definitely an indicator/involved though.

Many indicators involved on this to be sure, also a promise to address it /them that have not been delivered .

There is certainly something about ethnic minorities that make them more prone to committing knife crime in London than white citizens - the stats prove that.

You didn't answer my question.
"do you believe there is something about Black people themselves that makes them more or less likely to, for example, commit knife crimes ?"

Being an ethnic minority and being in London are environmental factors.

In general, but especially with regards to how we deal with devicive issues regarding other groups of human beings, raw statistical data is not proof of anything in and off itself because without being adjusted for a control it could be any number of factors or variables that are effecting the results.

If someone isn't aware of that, then it is down to ignorance.

If someone is aware, yet still is pushing the raw statistical data without controls as an indicator of something is either dismissing it out of prejudice, or attempting to utilise the ignorance and prejudice of others for political/ideological gains.

When adjusted for poverty, social mobility and historic factors effecting the ability of an individual or group to establish equality of outcomes free from external factors in terms of education, access to financial assistance, inheritance and employment, housing and social networks, does the data show ethnicity as a factor in criminality ?

It is not about denial of a problem or issue that needs addressing, it is whether or not one chooses to actually identify and address the real problems, rather than finding superficial and convenient scapegoats to blame.

Cause and effect ? , or we could go down the road of why . The simple fact is though young black Londoners are more prone to be the victim or villain when it comes to knife crime .

The problem for me it seems is one can not target the problem without being seen as targeting a minority group and being called out as racist etc .

We seem to be living in a world where targeting a minority on crime is worse than letting them kill eachother .

No, it is not a case of being unable to targeting a problem without being seen as racist or against a minority group.

It is whether you are targeting a symptom of a cause rather than the cause itself, and more importantly directly or indirectly laying blame or the implication of blame upon the symptom or those effected by it.

The prejudice, racism or lack thereof is in whether one chooses out of ignorance or an agenda to imply it is an issue caused BY or unique to people with a different or particular skin colour, rather than the conditions, environments and advantages/disadvantages of being one colour or another.
In very simple terms, is it a problem caused or exacerbated by Black people, or is it a problem disproportionately faced by Black people.

There is NO question that poverty and a lack of educational support and development are directly corellated to an increase in knife crime/physical violence.

There should also be no question that Black people are vastly more likely to be in poverty and lacking educational support and development than the indigenous majority white population.

The question boils down to how you view or believe the following:

Are Black people more likely to be in poverty and lack educational support and development because of their genetics ?

or

Has systemic racism and prejudice created and perpetuated a situation where Black people are environmentally more likely to be in poverty and lack educational support and development because they aren't white ?

Is it a societal issue that we all contribute to regardless of race, gender and beliefs, or is it 'them' ?

You didn't answer my question.
"do you believe there is something about Black people themselves that makes them more or less likely to, for example, commit knife crimes ?"

Being an ethnic minority and being in London are environmental factors.

There is obviously something about black people that makes them more predisposed committing knife crimes - I suspect that is due to a mix of cultural, family and social issues like not having a father on the scene.

Half of black children do not live with their father. And we wonder why they’re dying

I'm beginning to feel that on here, in GC and politics at least, a vocal minority of people only give a fudge about ethnic minorities, especially black people, but others too, when they are doing something bad/criminal or something stupid that can be laughed at.

I don't recall many, if any, threads discussing something positive about BAME citizens of the UK, whether they are of note/famous or not. Actually, forget positive. Let's say something not negative.

Somehow, when it comes positive stories colour blindness is everywhere, yet when it's negative it's "cos they is black, m'lud"

There is obviously something about black people that makes them more predisposed committing knife crimes - I suspect that is due to a mix of cultural, family and social issues like not having a father on the scene.

Half of black children do not live with their father. And we wonder why they’re dying

You’re using a Rod Liddle article to support your claim..

The point of my previous posts is that there are a whole host of reasons for young black kids to grow up feeling that the world is against them. Of those kids, a tiny minority will grow into angry young men who make bad decisions and end up in gang violence. Unfortunately, they are the one that make the headlines, for the wrong reasons, and people like Rod Little will be first in line to further the culture of it being an issue of their skin colour, causing the next generation to believe it too.

Rod Liddle is wrong about the causes of black teenage deaths | Afua Hirsch

How many positive threads have you started?

I know, right? I'm just one of a minority of non-white members on here and I need to justify my existence on here to you by posting positive stories of my fellow BAME Brits.

How many have you started? You seem very concerned by the plight of single parent black families...

How many have you started? You seem very concerned by the plight of single parent black families...

I disagree, there are many people who are apparently concerned with the blight of single parent black families.

You’re using a Rod Liddle article to support your claim..

The point of my previous posts is that there are a whole host of reasons for young black kids to grow up feeling that the world is against them. Of those kids, a tiny minority will grow into angry young men who make bad decisions and end up in gang violence. Unfortunately, they are the one that make the headlines, for the wrong reasons, and people like Rod Little will be first in line to further the culture of it being an issue of their skin colour, causing the next generation to believe it too.

So the fact that there is a problem in black families with fathers not being on the scene has nothing at all to do with the level of criminal behavior...

Your not very convincing.

In fact you yourself cited low educational achievement as one of the possible causes of crime and a lack of a father in the household is cited here by the chairman of the Commission for Racial Equality as a reason for low educational achievement.

Teach black boys separately, says Phillips

If someone else were to read your post and conclude you were a racist, I would find it hard to provide an argument in your defense.

Seems that raduv1 was totally correct.. :rolleyes:

Equally it could argued that it's harder for racists and those using race as a political pawn to target minorities under the guise of free speech or trying to pass it off as simply trying to address devisive 'issues' in a neutral and unbiased way.

So the fact that there is a problem in black families with fathers not being on the scene has nothing at all to do with the level of criminal behavior...

Your not very convincing.

In fact you yourself cited low educational achievement as one of the possible causes of crime and a lack of a father in the household is cited here by the chairman of the Commission for Racial Equality as a reason for low educational achievement.

Teach black boys separately, says Phillips

What am I trying to convince you of?

If you’ve read my posts, I’ve said several times that growing up in single parent families is a factor, coupled with numerous others, which is exactly why groups that support young people growing up in these situations are so important. However, I was shot down with the, “why should the Government pay, people need to look after themselves” response several times along with the blanket, “it’s because more black people carry knives” attitude.

304D1558-1E9F-4E85-A5A3-5606E3B77317.jpeg

Also, what started this part of the discussion was the issue of single parent families, as a result of there being no father figure. The suggestion was then that this is exactly why young people need support from social groups/funding to replace that missing influence on their lives and stop them going the wrong way. Funded support doesn’t just mean people sitting on their arse collecting their dole, whatever certain areas of the media want to portray.

Couple lower pay, with lower achievement in school, and potentially less opportunities as a result of both. Add on the higher likelihood of single parent families, meaning one parent having to work more hours to earn enough money and you end up with a higher likelihood of crime and falling into gang culture to make money.

Apart from them being black being the root cause of the crime, what problem have you targeted?

Why would I need to start any - I'm not the one complaining about the lack of them.. :facepalm:

You're the one showing concern for black on black crime. Obviously your concern only manifests itself in negative threads.

Equally it could argued that it's harder for racists and those using race as a political pawn to target minorities under the guise of free speech or trying to pass it off as simply trying to address devisive 'issues' in a neutral and unbiased way.

I dont see anyone not trying to discuss the issue in a neutral unbiased way. I do see posters playing the race card to shut down that discussion.

You're the one showing concern for black on black crime. Obviously your concern only manifests itself in negative threads.

I dont know why you are attacking me - you should be starting positive threads and then you would achieve your aim.

why dont you want to start any positive threads?

I'm beginning to feel that on here, in GC and politics at least, a vocal minority of people only give a fudge about ethnic minorities, especially black people, but others too, when they are doing something bad/criminal or something stupid that can be laughed at.

I don't recall many, if any, threads discussing something positive about BAME citizens of the UK, whether they are of note/famous or not. Actually, forget positive. Let's say something not negative.

Somehow, when it comes positive stories colour blindness is everywhere, yet when it's negative it's "cos they is black, m'lud"
Can you point to a positive thread about people due to them being white?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom