Long time customer with V1 2tb boxes wait months for HDR

rosters

Novice Member
Reaction score
Just read the SKY article regarding the latest updates.
Disnsey HDR , Netflix HDR soon, more HDR content imminent.
V1 2tb boxes cannot be replaced for V3 versions for months due to IT system problems.
This cannot be a difficult issue to resolve. I worked in IT for 30 years and my customers would never accept this state of affairs with any of their IT systems. Disgraceful.

I have had SKY for at least 21 years and I am very annoyed that I will have to wait months before my V1 2tb box will be replaced.

My contract will be up for renewal in early December.

Hmmmmm what shall I do?

If the box swap process isn't in place by December, then ask for one as part of your contract renewal discussion.

After putting in your notice to quit early November.

Until they launch sports and other channels in HDR, I'm really not that bothered about Disney+ and Netflix in HDR10 when I've got Dolby Vision and Atmos on the LG TV Apps. I'll stick with my V1 box until they give Diamond VIP early adopters a sensible option.

What benefits, if you have a tv capable of HDR then surely you can use the built-in apps. Sky have now added a section to the My account' menu that tells you if your box is compatible and further information so they commenced the process...
And what IT problems does the op refer to as I've not read of any..

Early adopters always get shafted
It's in the t&c's if you look closely ;)

What benefits, if you have a tv capable of HDR then surely you can use the built-in apps. Sky have now added a section to the My account' menu that tells you if your box is compatible and further information so they commenced the process...
And what IT problems does the op refer to as I've not read of any..

I always use the inbuilt Netflix and Prime apps on my E9.

But it is the Sky content that's the annoying thing for most. No other way round that.

Yes, I know it's only a couple of shows at the moment, but you can bet your expensive Sky subscription its going to include football when the new season starts! And why would't it as BT and Prime already do football in HDR/HLG.

I saw the reference to the IT problems on a post on the SKY community forum some weeks ago.

I saw the reference to the IT problems on a post on the SKY community forum some weeks ago.
It's not an IT problem as such, more that updates to internal systems which are needed to support the box upgrade programme have been delayed.
They had to change development priorities to focus on covid related changes (more remote working for staff, some self service options for customers, which still haven't arrived).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom