Question Looking for 4K Smart TV around 49"

bonjurkes

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a new Smart TV that supports 4K and of course has good image quality for non-gaming purposes. I think 49" would be more than enough. I was mainly looking for LG's 2016 models but more or less all of their UH6xx and UH7xx have problems with: image quality, lip sync issues, bleeding/ghosting issues.

I had a look at Sony 4K UHD tv models but I read both of them some problems with Android on it being super slow.

The reason I want Smart TV is playing Netflix on it and maybe listening music via Spotify, I really don't like Smart TVs as they get updates slowly and they are getting ignored over time.

So what would you recommend for these specs? As last option I will go for non-smart tv with some external device to watch Netflix on it, but I am not willing to pay hundreds of euro for some external device like Apple TV or Roku box.

I think I am a bit late to edit my post so, sorry for double posting. I just made some search and looks like LG uses rgbw panels for 4K tv models, which makes it not "real" 4K.

So for this case I think it's not a good idea to buy 4K LG led tv because of the image quality issue. At the moment I am confused between giving up 4K option or Smart option.

Don't worry so much about smart TV features, if you want a decent TV it will come with smart TV. You can't really save and not get a TV without smart features unless you are really going for a bottom quality one.

If you find you don't like the smart TV built in you can always just buy an external solution. In many ways that's a better option anyway.

Will you be sitting close enough to the TV to notice a quality improvement vs HD? You need to sit a lot closer compared to with a FHD TV.
TV Viewing Distance Guide

Will you be watching SD material like DVDs, normal TV channels or SD quality streams?

What's your budget?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom