Looking For New Receiver

The Sony 1080 bench test is here:

7 channels driven into 8 ohms at 0.1% THD is 64.4 watts. Not quite the 165 watts that the manufacturers are trying to spin you!

Something a bit hokey there, as per the first comment after that review and mine above, how can a tiny power supply like that deliver that amount of power, likewise the tiny drop from 5 to 7 channels?

Something a bit hokey there, as per the first comment after that review and mine above, how can a tiny power supply like that deliver that amount of power, likewise the tiny drop from 5 to 7 channels?
Hmm, good question.

Think ill wait for sales time, see what drops and by how much to fit in budget.

Cant see anywhere to get the 3500 but I seem to come back to these two

1573842253913.png

Both inside my £500 budget

Nice, wondering if I should wait to see if it drops more and fit a sub into the order since I got a wee bit of cash from PPI refund.

Nice, wondering if I should wait to see if it drops more and fit a sub into the order since I got a wee bit of cash from PPI refund.
If you're going to get more than one item from a dealer then that certainly does open up the possibility of discount. If you don't ask you don't get. 'How much off if....' has always been my second question.

If you're going to get more than one item from a dealer then that certainly does open up the possibility of discount. If you don't ask you don't get. 'How much off if....' has always been my second question.
Well I did recently buy the LG 55C9 from them :D

Just need to figure out whats a decent one to get that isnt too expensive.

Last edited:
Finally found old receipt for current gear lol

20191118_200445.jpg

This is what I have had since 03/02/2006

Damn this thing has served me well, nearly 15 years, never did get a sub though over the years.

Those speakers will transfer over fine yeah? I'd hate to buy new receiver only to have it sit in home for ages till I can spare money for new ones lol

My advice would follow @gibbsy asking about how much cn I get off if I... As for the AVR I'd say go for the Sony, fantastic in 5.1 and in 2.0 I have the Sony and while it doesn't portray DTS X like the Denon it's still a quality AVR,if you can demo them both only your ears will be able to decide which one you like

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom