Lovefilm gone, onto Cinema Paradiso!

Humm, only allocated and sent out one disc this week when I'm on two discs at a time unlimited... and also three weeks in a row where I am getting films way down on my list and it's a mixture of new and old films at the top.

E-mailed them so will see what they say.

Humm, only allocated and sent out one disc this week when I'm on two discs at a time unlimited.
Same here. First times it's happened to me.

It’s either 1 at a time, 2 a month, 2 at a time 4 a month or “unlimited” one, two or three at a time.
I can only see:
1-at-a-time & 2 a month
1-at-a-time & unlimited a month
2-at-a-time & unlimited a month

Maybe they have different levels for different customers? I'm looking at it now and there definitely a 2 at a time, 4 per month option.

My two from the weekend have now appeared back with them and guess what? I've got two lists, one for me (100+ discs on it, one for the mrs, 50+ on it) both discs are from the bottom 20 of our lists :(

Paying more or less double what I used to pay Lovefilm and getting a much worse service!

Same here. First times it's happened to me.

It was apparently a mistake, they are now getting ready the second disc to send out to me... looks like their system is going to pot at the moment.

As for less discs a week I got the usual rubbish about it's delivery and nothing we can do.

This is the reply I got:

I am not sure why the second rental was not sent yesterday and I have reported this to our dispatch department. Please accept our apologies. The second disc will be on its way to you today.

Regarding the allocation for the last three weeks and more, I can see that the discs were sent the same day they were received and that there are 5 days approximately between the day the discs were sent on and the day they are received back. Unfortunately, we do not have control over delivery.

All Royal Mail’s fault then :D

Strange the discs from them to me always arrive next day, yet discs from me back to them seem to take anything from 1-3 days.

With that and the piss poor disc selections they insist on sending me, I’m reaching the end of my patience with them.

I've just re-instated my subscription and the four at home unlimited tier seems to have disappeared?

After a week of this, dispatches have been next day thus far though they don't seem to log a return until a little later in the day than before. Not that it matters as long as they dispatch same day.

Maybe they have different levels for different customers? I'm looking at it now and there definitely a 2 at a time, 4 per month option.
I didn't log in. Maybe new customers get worse deals (unlike broadband).
They sent my second disc separately, maybe it was a mistake :)

I'm on the 2 at home unlimited tier but the turn around at the moment is atrocious.

Something has definitely changed over the last month or so. They used to be really good.

Sounding like a broken road now!

Another week, another day when discs don't arrive back with them when they're supposed to. Posted at the sorting office on Saturday to make sure they were collected.

1st Class posted Saturday, you would think may arrive Monday, certainly Tuesday latest, but nope, nothing...again, yet the other way, when they do actually decide to send me something they always arrive the next day.

I'll see what they send me this time, but if it's not at least something from my top 10, that'll be it from me. For what I'm paying I can get near enough 3 Sky/iTunes rentals for films that I do want to see, the equivalent of top 5 of my rental list, each month, might even catch up on some of my massive pile of shame.

Not left yet though, we'll see what they come up with tomorrow, when I'm sure the two I sent back will arrive with them, they always do. If I do go, I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if they improve.

Must admit their turnaround and despatch record to me has been nothing but good for the last year apart from a XMAS blip. What is not so good is the provision of UHD discs. My top 20 are all 4K and I almost never get any. Supply and demand I suppose.

Sigh... second week in a row where they have sent out one disc when they have both of them back, and the second disc they send to you takes an extra day or two to get here...

They said they were going to report the problem.

An yet again, nothing from the top of my list for at least four weeks now.

As a sorry they have sent me out an extra disc that is coming with my second disc, so had three films at a time this week. I would rather they fix the dispatch problem. ;)

On a positive note, I returned a couple of discs on Friday that have been received by CP today, and they have just allocated two more, including Ocean's 8 on 4K - which I believe was only made available today, so can't complain at that!

It would be great if this was the level of service experienced all of the time by all members.

On a positive note, I returned a couple of discs on Friday that have been received by CP today, and they have just allocated two more, including Ocean's 8 on 4K - which I believe was only made available today, so can't complain at that!

It would be great if this was the level of service experienced all of the time by all members.

That's pretty good!

I was just revisiting the thread to say that the service has been faultless since I pumped up my rental list from c.30 titles to c.100. I do seem to be getting titles from much lower down the list though.

I emailed them because recently if i get an email saying a film has been sent to me on a Monday I'm not receiving them until Thursday. They blamed Royal Mail saying that the date stated on the emails is the day that it leaves them and the delivery service take over. So basically CP are saying RM takes three days to complete deliveries.

Yours take three days to get from them to you, mine take three days to get from me to them, but of course it's all down to Royal Mail :D

I'm no fan of RM, even though my daughter and her boyfriend are both postman, but generally first class post gets there the next day, or at the very latest on the odd occasion, the second day, but CP seem to exist in some sort of Bermuda Triangle :laugh:

And they seem to be getting worse! Two disc sent back on Saturday, still haven’t arrived back with them today, unless they’re just slow updating things. No doubt that will be RM fault as well :)

Was ready to cancel last week, but they redeemed themselves by sending two films from the top 10 of both my lists, first time I’ve had anything from so high up either list for ages. Going by this week’s performance, their reprieve may be very brief.

There's no way they can blame RM for all the delays. Once or twice I can believe but not every time like some people are experiencing.

Agreed, once in a while I wouldn't have a problem, but this is the sixth straight week for me. First Class post, posted before the latest collection time on a Saturday, should more often than not arrive on Monday or Tuesday, latest. Not Wednesday, or this week, Thursday now at the earliest.

I've fired off an snotty email to them, telling them I'm not impressed and that even though I'm paying for a so called unlimited service, I seem to be getting throttled. I told them I fully expect them to blame RM, so we'll see what they come back with :)

Also had a moan about rarely getting anything from the top part of my lists. When I first joined I was regularly getting top 5 picks, but now they're few and far between.

Lovefilm were pretty much the same when it came to top choices, but it was about half the price, and 99 times out of 100, the discs were turned around withing 24 hours of me sending them back.

Had a reply, from them, as expected it's all RM fault :D

Interestingly they put "I'm afraid we cannot control what happens to discs while in transit, and even though we pay for first class postage to Royal Mail, occasionally they do not deliver on time, nor compensate us for it. Unfortunately, that's what happens"

If it was just "occasionally" I wouldn't have an issue with it at all, but it's six weeks on the trot now, which I would class as regularly, rather than occasionally.

No mention whatsoever about only bottom half of the list discs being sent.

At least with Lovefilm a snotty email usually got you a free extra rental, but nothing from this lot! They said they'd report these two as lost and will send 2 more discs as soon as possible. That's still not going to be tomorrow now, by which time the discs would probably arrive with them anyway, so I still won't get anything before Friday, so another month with only 8 discs, on a supposedly unlimited plan.

Replied back to them that 6 weeks running was hardly occasionally :)

They’ve replied saying to to check with my local sorting office to see if there are any issues or try a different post box (bearing in mind I already post them directly at the sorting office :) )

They have actually allocated my top choice to go out today, so my little whinge may have down some good :rotfl:

They’ve earned themselves another weeks reprieve :D

Funnily enough, this week, as previously, (after complaining) posted two discs back Saturday, got email saying next two were posted Monday, they arrived on Tuesday. A miracle recovery by RM......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom