Lovefilm gone, onto Cinema Paradiso!

I posted two back on Monday and got the replacements yesterday - not too bad considering the bank holiday.

Since I complained a couple of months back the service has been decent. It all seems so hit and miss at times though.

Not a patch on LF (although they had their faults too) but more significantly, CP are twice as expensive.

I'm on the 2-at-a-time & 4 a month option and so far have had no problems re: fulfillment of service
I don't put films on my list unless I want to see them so am happy with whatever I get, and tbh don't have much movie watching time what with family stuff/working shifts/going out etc so sometimes find it a push to watch the films I do get.
Where the service is really good for me is that it works as a watch-before-you-buy scheme, cutting down on blind buys and for checking release quality as well as checking out stuff that I might not have done otherwise.

Hello.

Has anyone had any problems recently with 4K discs from CP. Especially Warner Bros. I tried to watch Oceans Eight on my Panasonic UB420 tonight but about 50mins in get picture and sound distortion.

This is the 1st 4K Disc this is happened for me though. Is it my player or Disc?

Hello.

Has anyone had any problems recently with 4K discs from CP. Especially Warner Bros. I tried to watch Oceans Eight on my Panasonic UB420 tonight but about 50mins in get picture and sound distortion.

This is the 1st 4K Disc this is happened for me though. Is it my player or Disc?
Have you checked the disc for finger prints / dust? I usually have to give them a good clean.

Hello.

Yes the disc is spotless and clean. Like I said it seems to be Warner discs. What player do you use? Had any problems?

Sent two discs back Saturday morning, both in the same envelope. Today they sent an email saying they’d received one, no mention of the other one! Not quite sure how that works :D

Sent two discs back Saturday morning, both in the same envelope. Today they sent an email saying they’d received one, no mention of the other one! Not quite sure how that works :D

Same thing has happened to me a few times. Highly irritating to say the least.

Well don’t I feel a bloody prat now :blush: :laugh:

Just went to play another disc and the CP disc is sat in the machine. Must’ve not swapped them out and sent my own disc pack:facepalm:

It obviously happens at times as there’s just a such a section in their report a problem but “I’ve accidentally sent you one of my discs” so at least I’m not the only idiot out there:rotfl:

Apparently they’ll return my disc in the wallet I sent back so I can put the correct disc in and send it back. It’s odd that they say they haven’t got it though, but maybe it goes on a separate pile to the normal returns. Presumably they do actually check discs when they’re sent back, otherwise you could send any old crap back :)

Well don’t I feel a bloody prat now :blush: :laugh:

Just went to play another disc and the CP disc is sat in the machine. Must’ve not swapped them out and sent my own disc pack:facepalm:

It obviously happens at times as there’s just a such a section in their report a problem but “I’ve accidentally sent you one of my discs” so at least I’m not the only idiot out there:rotfl:

Apparently they’ll return my disc in the wallet I sent back so I can put the correct disc in and send it back. It’s odd that they say they haven’t got it though, but maybe it goes on a separate pile to the normal returns. Presumably they do actually check discs when they’re sent back, otherwise you could send any old crap back :)

Isn't there a code on the disc itself? I must admit that I have managed to lose the individual slip-cases a couple of times and just dropped the discs in the envelopes on there own. Each time, my list has been updated without me prompting.

I've also never (yet!) received a different disc in the slip-case, so it looks as though they do check the discs,

Yeah, I’m sure they must. It would be open to terrible abuse if not.

Get sent out 4K discs and send back any 10p charity shop dvd in it’s place :laugh:

They're all labelled and bar coded. So cheaters will be caught! I think a lot of this service and I want to keep it. There's a 'Report A Problem' section on the site for you to report this and they should quickly remove this from your outstanding list (and check for it I'm sure in their inventory). They shouldn't hesitate to allocate your next rental.

Just had an email saying they’ve received one of my discs back instead of theirs and they’ve allocated it to be sent back so I can send their one back.

Pretty impressed with that to be fair, especially as it was my own stupid fault in the first place :)

For 4K discs, do Cinema Paradiso ship retail discs or are the rental discs still used (if they exist)?

I always find that around the important school holidays is where the service seems to suffer most. I'm guessing its a small team with some of them taking time off to be with the kids :)

For 4K discs, do Cinema Paradiso ship retail discs or are the rental discs still used (if they exist)?

I've seen many 4K movies available via their portfolio

They seem to be the retail versions as far as I can see, discs look the same anyway.

Thanks...CP may be for me then as I seem to be buying and selling my discs far too often.

Will probably sign up for a trial on Wednesday so I can make most of their 14 day trial.

Thanks...CP may be for me then as I seem to be buying and selling my discs far too often.

Will probably sign up for a trial on Wednesday so I can make most of their 14 day trial.
Same here, I bought way too many in the 'early' days but no mainly just get them from CP. I will then buy after renting if good enough.

I can send you a code if you fancy a 30 day free trial?

Same here, I bought way too many in the 'early' days but no mainly just get them from CP. I will then buy after renting if good enough.

I can send you a code if you fancy a 30 day free trial?

Would appreciate that.

Thinking of signing up for the 14 day trail. Does anyone know if you can rent the bonus discs that come with some 4k and blu ray releases?

Usually the bonus material is on the Blu Ray version of a movie.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom