Low level lighting for step

antighsiothail

Established Member
Reaction score
We will soon be moving house, the house we are going to has a change of level, from the bedroom to the hallway. The bathroom is off the hallway, so in the night there is the risk of tripping on this step. It's about an inch and a half high, I would like to be able to put some kind of lighting to highlight the step. I don't want it too bright as it will shine into the bedroom. Anyone any ideas as to what might work?

Depends on how much you wish to spend. If you have a socket outlet conveniently placed, you could just have pir activated plug in light. Loads of them available.

If you wanted something more professional looking, something like this;
step light

No socket nearby, so I was thinking of a couple of these......https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chanhan-Wireless-Magnetic-Cupboard-Operated
Anyone used these sort of things?

Last edited:
I can't get my head around what series of bodges happened to make a 1.5 inch difference in floor heights acceptable. Are there any obvious reasons for the step? If be doing everything I can to eliminate the issue if it was my house.

I can't get my head around what series of bodges happened to make a 1.5 inch difference in floor heights acceptable. Are there any obvious reasons for the step? If be doing everything I can to eliminate the issue if it was my house.
It's rented and it's an old croft house with a new(ish) extension.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
The stick on battery lights aren't a bad solution. My wife stuck one in her wardrobe, decent battery life I think as well.

Thinking about the one you posted my only thought for your application would be the motion sensor will be pointing forwards so if you're coming from the higher level might not activate until you've already tripped up, coming the other way would be fine. The only way to be sure would be to try it I guess and it's cheap enough.

I've ordered a couple of the stick on lights. Likely to be more of a problem coming from the lower level, have to see how they go when we actually move.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom