Lyngdorf amplifiers with RoomPerfect

Judging by the first reviews it's looking like a very musical AVR, could we...could we. Over on ASR a member has ordered one and it will be reviewed and measured by ASR dude. Be interesting to see how the electronics stack up compared to similar priced stuff. By the way same site, someone else had issues with Arcam and it's implementation with DIRAC, couldn't get it to sound good, ended up with a Denon with Audyssey, bit of tweaking he said it sounds far superior in his room. Maybe its an Arcam software problem with DIRAC
Having had a Denon with Audyssey and moved to an Arcam AVR390 with Dirac (that did so terribly on ASR), I can assure you that Arcam/Dirac is profoundly superior (in my room/application at least). ASR seems appealing because it’s so scientific, but it does seem too focussed on the measurements and not enough on how things actually sound.

Having had a Denon with Audyssey and moved to an Arcam AVR390 with Dirac (that did so terribly on ASR), I can assure you that Arcam/Dirac is profoundly superior (in my room/application at least). ASR seems appealing because it’s so scientific, but it does seem too focussed on the measurements and not enough on how things actually sound.
Should of mentioned this wasn't part of a review, this was a guys own issue, like Steve's above. Think it was page 4 in the comments on the Arcam latest review. Of course room correction is down to individuals rooms and experiences. What I have related is that RP may not be the only option that fixed a particular issue for a particular person.

Judging by the first reviews it's looking like a very musical AVR, could we...could we. Over on ASR a member has ordered one and it will be reviewed and measured by ASR dude. Be interesting to see how the electronics stack up compared to similar priced stuff. By the way same site, someone else had issues with Arcam and it's implementation with DIRAC, couldn't get it to sound good, ended up with a Denon with Audyssey, bit of tweaking he said it sounds far superior in his room. Maybe its an Arcam software problem with DIRAC

I'm 99.9999% convinced that it's the Arcam that is the problem. I think it's the basic crossover and/or preamp outputs and/or steering algorithms in the Arcam that is the problem, not Dirac.

Just recently I’ve been musing with the thought of adding a Stereo Amp to my system. The initial thinking is to improve the 2 Channel listening experience. While there’s a vast amount of product available and I did set a kind of budget, I put myself in the lower end of the camp as I’m just dipping my toe in these waters. But I do stream Music as well so I started looking at that aspect.

Then I found myself in here :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom