Lyngdorf discussion

Update on binding post issue. Oddly enough, Lyngdorf has tech-specific contact deceptively listed as [email protected]. Emailed them and got a reply almost immediately. Repair will be handled under warranty.

Hard to say how embarrassed I am. Thanks Lyngdorf. And thanks to you guys on the Forum for putting up with me.

I would still like the opportunity for me and my partner to use the TV through the system via digital input for sound and enjoy movies/Netflix etc etc. Would this be possible with the TDAI 3400?, and would this require an extra module?.

It would not require an extra module. You can run the digital signal directly into the 3400. If you would like to pass-through HDMI, there is a module that can do that. I recommend you get that simply because it makes HT a bit easier.

Also, if I consider other speaker options, I have heard good things about Arendal, especially value for money etc etc. I hear lots of good about them for HT use, but how would a pair of the big Arendal Monitors fair music wise?, with something like the TDAI 3400 or in general if anyone has hands on experience.

The 3400 can drive very capable speakers. A general impression would be that Dynaudio Evokes are much more refined than the Arendal Monitors. The Arendal subs are supposed to be very good.

Yes I had an Arendal sub which was very well made (and heavy). Not tried their speakers though - Mark on the Trinnov thread has a full Arendal setup - have a word with him - george

Please try a Lyngdorf before trying a Hegel. The amp in the Hegel is the same as the one I had when I was a school. Quite how the justify the pricing I have no idea.

The Equibit amp technology in Lyngdorf amplifiers will add less to your music than alternatives. So, disconnect £1,000,000 of electronics and plug in a TDA and your music will sound cleaner and clearer.
I can only say, WOW that is impressive ;-)

Not as impressive as being a school.

That's commitment, really raises the bar for those in unmarked vans.

Being aware that the TDAI 3400 has been out a few years now, and not knowing much about Lyngdorf, I'd rather avoid buyers remorse If there is a replacement or higher model due in the near future. If anyone has insight into this I'd appreciate it thanks.

Being aware that the TDAI 3400 has been out a few years now, and not knowing much about Lyngdorf, I'd rather avoid buyers remorse If there is a replacement or higher model due in the near future. If anyone has insight into this I'd appreciate it thanks.

Nope there is nothing except the 1120 which is lower down the line.

I fell for the temptation and made some measurements. ;)

Result: 150 Hz low-pass, 50 Hz high-pass, 1. order slopes, 4 ms delayed fronts. Very few cancellations and it sounds very good. :smashin:

DAMN it sounds good!!

The TDAi3400 will drive any speakers, will sound clearer than any other electronics, provides the best possible integration between speakers and woofer possible and provides the only room correction available that preserves the characteristics of your speakers while giving the best power response from your system.

What would you want from a more expensive amp?

..........the Lyngdorf flagship amplifier TDAI-3400 is now ready for TIDAL Connect. Check out the website for updates.

..........the Lyngdorf flagship amplifier TDAI-3400 is now ready for TIDAL Connect. Check out the website for updates.

Update went very smoothly and had a quick listen to a few tracks. Sounds good to me so far. No Hi-Res with MQA due to the 1st unfold that Roon normally does on my MacBook not happening. However, I'm not sure I'm bothered about that and I'd most likely be happy with CD quality. I'll try some more listening later.

Rob do you know if this update is coming to the MP40/50/60 as well? George

I just updated the amp and got my tidal account back up. I gave up on tidal due to the lack of an easy to use interface.
I've been comparing tidal connect to spotify connect for the last 20 minutes and I can easily hear the difference with tidal masters. More impact in the lower registers and an overall roundness and smoothness to the sound.
But tidal still lacks the overal user experience of spotify and doesn't have as many albums.

Roon is an extra product and it is quite expensive. I tried it and couldn't justify the investment in a core computer plus the roon software itself.

If your library is small and already on a NAS the core can be implemented cheaply. I installed it headless on a 2 vCPU VM with 8GB RAM and it’s really not stressing it.

Because I already had my ~500 albums ripped on to a separate NAS and had spare capacity on an i3 NUC running ESXi 7.0 I use as a home lab for work it cost me nothing extra in hardware.

But even then I have gone from a £10 Spotify subscription to £20 for TIDAL + $10 for Roon. Means I can sell a Sonos connect (if it’s worth it).

Very tempted by a TDAI-1120 now...I am enjoying Roon Radio.

Roon is an extra product and it is quite expensive. I tried it and couldn't justify the investment in a core computer plus the roon software itself.
You don't absolutely need a dedicated "core" computer just any PC that obviously must be on and running Roon core when you want to play music.

I've grown so used to Roon (and especially all the DSP functions incl. custom advanced room-correction convolution filters and completely flexible and powerful "voicings" in a much more intuitive way than any other offering) that I think anything else is a complete waste of time, even though I have other solutions as well. And the "radio" function really does adapt to your personal listening preferences...

So I think it is worth the money also for Lyngdorf users although I noticed prices have increased a fair bit. They're getting a bit greedy. But just get a lifetime subscription now at 699USD (two years ago it was 450USD..) and you can forget about all that other sh*tty streaming SW forever, one interface across multiple streaming services as well as locally stored music is also an advantage to some... IMHO.

Last edited:
If your library is small and already on a NAS the core can be implemented cheaply. I installed it headless on a 2 vCPU VM with 8GB RAM and it’s really not stressing it.

Because I already had my ~500 albums ripped on to a separate NAS and had spare capacity on an i3 NUC running ESXi 7.0 I use as a home lab for work it cost me nothing extra in hardware.

But even then I have gone from a £10 Spotify subscription to £20 for TIDAL + $10 for Roon. Means I can sell a Sonos connect (if it’s worth it).

Very tempted by a TDAI-1120 now...I am enjoying Roon Radio.

Absolutely agreed. Roon Radio is brilliant. It's introduced us to loads of music we otherwise would never have been aware of.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom