Lyngdorf MP-60 AV Processor Review & Comments

So I've had a play with CEC following the instructions in the link and no luck. Also can confirm it does randomly cut earc off and requires a reset.

If anyone has a work around where I can keep my lg magic remote it would be great. And also where I don't have to explain to the wife that if the sound randomly switch off, reset the receiver.

It's the cheapest option and quite content with the sound.

Buy a Trinnov.

Iam- can’t remember if you have an ATV but if you do try an HDMI test to check your cables as it is usually the next thing to check. My LG C9 only loses eARC when there is a connection drop as between episodes on auto play never during a movie - george

I'll double check connections. Thanks

Rock why should I get a trinnov?

I thought it was going to be for some functional reason.
You must stop thinking about what av equipment I'm going to get. Seek help, maybe add a few more candles to your shrine of Peter lyngdorf or get another Peter lyngdorf blow up doll. :rotfl:
Whatever it is leave me out of it, and for the last time, I don't want to join the cult.

What other reason would it be for? How is saying you should get completely different brand asking you to join a Lyngdorf cult, isn't it the exact opposite?

Wouldn't that make me product agnostic?

Looks like your joke landed a bit flat there... at least your consistent. D-

Here's a new video with Peter Lyngdorf in it. Why Peter Lyngdorf is a top bloke

4feu8m.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday watching 'Away' on Netflix the sound again just cut off, had to go back into setting and change sound out to hdmi arc. But as usual, the sound came back on but I loose the ability to change volume from the TV remote. To fix this I have to reset the lyngdorf MP-60.

At this point reluctantly I may take rock's advice and look at alternatives, really don't want to as the mp-40 is cheap in comparison, sound isn't perfect but it's still very good.

Apparantly eARC is arriving soon on the trinnov altitude 16. But feel it would be overkill for my living room. Then again I can always move it to the dedicated room when that's done and hope by that time the mp-40 has had a firmware upgrade to fix it or something else fits the bill.

@iamimpossible Apologies if i’m off the mark here as i’m not so sure on the in’s and outs of the issues you are having but with you saying you loose the ability to control volume from your TV remote would you not be best to use a universal / harmony remote instead? Cheaper than switching out processors too especially at these prices

No, because for my family it's not a good user experience.

My kids and wife use the lg magic remote and like the mouse pointer on it. Not only that all the other tv's in the house are lg and it's the same everywhere. With the harmony kids will likely press a few buttons and then be wondering what remote menu they are in. With the simple lg remote they aren't going to do that. Not to mention my youngest isn't going to see lcd lights and think, ohh nice toy.

Most importantly the harmony isn't going to fix the sound cutting off.

In addition I've had the harmony prior and have to find somewhere to keep the charging Dock and keep it charged regularly. With the LG I'll just change batteries once a year.

Seemles, reliable user experience is what I want.

God forbid I was to explain to the wife, that when the sound cuts off, go into the menu and do xyz to get it going again. :suicide:

Alternatively I considered getting an nvidia shield. But then I'd have 3 remotes.

The trinnov isn't perfect either as it takes 50s to boot up. The lyngdorf is about 20-30 anyway so not quick either. But hope once it's working it doesn't cut the sound at least. And if there are any issues they likely will be fixed pritty quick. Not had a reply yet from lyngdorf and its been nearly a week. Not even, thanks for your email we will get in touch soon.

Last edited:
I hope we can arrange a thorough review of a Steinway Lyngdorf home cinema system soon.

Buying the best processor, amp and speakers can get you so far. Steinway Lyngdorf complete systems that contain all their technologies provide higher quality than can be achieved with the mix and match approach and I hope someone will put this to the test?

Here is their latest corporate video.

Is the MP-60 model expected to get the IMAX Enhanced format?

I hope we can arrange a thorough review of a Steinway Lyngdorf home cinema system soon.

Buying the best processor, amp and speakers can get you so far. Steinway Lyngdorf complete systems that contain all their technologies provide higher quality than can be achieved with the mix and match approach and I hope someone will put this to the test?

Here is their latest corporate video.

I thought the steinway systems are also mix and match. I could get any steinway processors, some steinway amps and any steinway speakers and match them up.
Please correct me if this is wrong.
It's not like they designed the amps to work specifically with one set of speakers, perfectly matched, instead they work with a varied set of speakers all be it from the same manufacturer.

When you set up a steinway do you have to tell the system what speakers your using for example so it sets a particular speaker profile?

Steinway pre amps and processors can only be used with their amps. The two are connected digitally so the signal is preserved in the digital domain until the output to the speakers. The volume control preserves the highest signal to noise ratio possible. The electronics adds less noise and distortion than any other system which is easy to hear.

The other big difference is their use of boundary woofers which you’ll see a lot more of in 6 months’ time with some new Lyngdorf arrivals. These give optimal timing up to 800Hz.

The acousticians in the factory look at the speakers and woofers used and their placement to determine optimal crossovers. These are then loaded on to the pre amp or processor and loaded on to the amps each time they start up.

I have Lyngdorf Atmos systems next to all digital Steinway Lyngdorf systems and the difference in quality is very obvious.

I hope a review can be organised to put these claims to the test. I don’t know of anyway to achieve the quality of a Steinway Lyngdorf system.

"The acousticians in the factory look at the speakers and woofers used and their placement to determine optimal crossovers. These are then loaded on to the pre amp or processor and loaded on to the amps each time they start up."

Yes, but how does the system know what speakers are in the system?

Unless your saying each processor has a different profile so when one wants to upgrade the speakers, then the processor would need an update.

Last edited:
No, because for my family it's not a good user experience.

My kids and wife use the lg magic remote and like the mouse pointer on it. Not only that all the other tv's in the house are lg and it's the same everywhere. With the harmony kids will likely press a few buttons and then be wondering what remote menu they are in. With the simple lg remote they aren't going to do that. Not to mention my youngest isn't going to see lcd lights and think, ohh nice toy.
The Logitech Elite is really easy to use - my partner and 5-year-old daughter have no problems operating it. Honestly, it's one of the best bits of technology I've ever bought.
Most importantly the harmony isn't going to fix the sound cutting off.
True - I ended up using the optical out from my LG to my Nad, as the ARC was so unreliable.

Any one use HDbaseT output from MP-60 to connect to a JVC projector ... just curious, not that I want to do this. What HDbaseT receiver device can one use at the projector end, or does the projector need to have its own HDbaseT RJ-45 connector? Looked at amazon and they sell HDbaseT products which have both a transmitter and a receiver box.

I usually use HDfury device and a 30ft optic cable with previous processor ... HDfury has plenty of current to drive the optic cable 30 ft. I have a RS-600 projector.

Last edited:
Any one use HDbaseT output from MP-60 to connect to a JVC projector ... just curious, not that I want to do this. What HDbaseT receiver device can one use at the projector end, or does the projector need to have its own HDbaseT RJ-45 connector? Looked at amazon and they sell HDbaseT products which have both a transmitter and a receiver box.

I usually use HDfury device and a 30ft optic cable with previous processor ... HDfury has plenty of current to drive the optic cable 30 ft. I have a RS-600 projector.

Probably not many given that a good fibre HDMI cable will work under normal conditions. If however you need to put your MP60 in another post code, then you would use HDbaseT for running ethernet to balluns which can also come with it's own set of problems if you decide to use cheap ones.

What HDFury product are you using and for what?

Mono - what is it you want know know more about, sonic differences?

There is the official receiver here

Probably not many given that a good fibre HDMI cable will work under normal conditions. If however you need to put your MP60 in another post code, then you would use HDbaseT for running ethernet to balluns which can also come with it's own set of problems if you decide to use cheap ones.

What HDFury product are you using and for what?
Used the Integral Linker combo to activate JVC RS600 dynamic iris by removing the HDR flag going to the JVC projector. The JVC projector would not allow dynamic iris functionality with 4k HDR. There were a few other reasons as well, but it was a long time ago and I forget.

ALso have the Vertex and Vertex2 to use as splitters due to issues with RMC-1 video output design ... namely the lowest common denominator. Returned the RMC-1 some time ago.

Vertex2, when placed btwn TV and processor, can separate and send the TV's eARC audio through a separate HDMI (audio only) cable (from Vertex2) to another HDMI input on the processor ... so the processor does not have to do the CEC/eARC handshaking with the TV ... i.e. Vertex2 takes care of the eARC handshaking so the processor does not have to.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom