Lypertek Tevi Truly Wireless Earphones Review & Comments

Good to see a review of a lesser known brand. Can I request you to review brands like Taotronics and Mpow which are available on Amazon?

Thank you for the review, they sound very promising. I'm currently looking for a pair of such in-ears with better sound quality than my Xiaomi Airdots and stumbled upon the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1. Those have very similar specs, claimed battery life (w/o case), connectivity and button mapping. Since I didn't order as of now, I'm now wondering how these two device can be compared, especially concerning sound quality when used with Apt-X. The only thing missing on the Melomania is the USB-C port.
Thanks

Aren't these the same one's that were reviewed last Sptember.

Aren't these the same one's that were reviewed last Sptember.

That's just a thread isn't it? Can't see a review there.

Great review, thanks.

I got a pair of these for Christmas after trying to find the 'perfect' set for a while. I've been through the Jabra Elite 65t's, Creative Labs Outlier Air, Cambridge Audio Melomania 1's and now these and currently, they're the closest I've found to my goal. The fit is perfect, with the medium silicone tips and offers just about the best noise isolation of the 4. As the fit is so good, the sound signature stays the same no matter how long I listen to them, as they don't shift about in my ears. I think that's mostly down to the 'full size' tips, which is not common with the other 3 I've tried. I have some foam tips that I'll experiment with at some point, just to see if they can improve on an already perfect fit.
I've not had chance to fully use the battery life yet but, by all accounts, that seems to be to spec too.

I'd highly recommend them and if you're in no rush to buy a set, keep an eye out on Amazon as they've been as low as £69, twice, last year.

Paul

Can I second the request for a call quality test, especially outgoing speech, as I have several wireless headphones (BeatsX, although died 2 months after the warranty expired, and Sony WH-1000XM3) where some of my non-native English speaking friends find it harder to understand me than from the phone alone, or my Sennheiser IE8i wired earbuds.

Have these myself and they are very good. I am wondering what, if anything, at this price point, offers noise cancelling along with the same audio quality these do? Hard to fault though.

The Melomania 1’s are a little more expensive but better.

I had both and agree with the right (larger) earbuds for me the Melos were better - close though.

ooh intersting , do these have multi point ?

ok i just heard back from the manufacturer and no they dont, back to the drawing board

Last edited:
I found the Melomania completely lacking in bass... had both, so was able to compare directly, and did a blind test with two other people and we all agreed. Depends on music you listen to of course, but the Melomania were definitely lacking in this department.

I had both and sold the Lypertek and got the Melomania's to replace them.
I found the opposite...the Lyperteks were lacking in bass whereas the Melomanias with the bigger foam tips supplied FOC from Cambridge Audio were better.

I found the Melomania completely lacking in bass... had both, so was able to compare directly, and did a blind test with two other people and we all agreed. Depends on music you listen to of course, but the Melomania were definitely lacking in this department.
I had both and sold the Lypertek and got the Melomania's to replace them.
I found the opposite...the Lyperteks were lacking in bass whereas the Melomanias with the bigger foam tips supplied FOC from Cambridge Audio were better.
Fit is key for in ears and all reviews about sound should begin with this information. An in ear may still not sound good even if it fits well but it's never going to sound good to begin with if the fit is poor

What is the microphone like for call quality?

I have read numerous reviews before buying these headphones, which seem to be getting compared to the high end buds on the market. I don't know whether anyone can shed light on this, as u am new to the true wireless eaebud market, but they sound like they lack in bass, but that's also down to the fact that they sound incredibly quiet! Which to me completley messes up their performance in all aspects. Really disapointed with them after reading so. Many positive reviews! I read that they where an incredibly loud set of buds. Can anyone shed any light on this. Have I got a faulty pair? As it stands they sound quiet and quite tinny. The call quality seems fine in response to what other people have been asking.

I suspect you've got a faulty pair. I don't have this model, but bought SoundPEATS TrueFree + 5.0 Bluetooth Earphones which is brilliant.

I have read numerous reviews before buying these headphones, which seem to be getting compared to the high end buds on the market. I don't know whether anyone can shed light on this, as u am new to the true wireless eaebud market, but they sound like they lack in bass, but that's also down to the fact that they sound incredibly quiet! Which to me completley messes up their performance in all aspects. Really disapointed with them after reading so. Many positive reviews! I read that they where an incredibly loud set of buds. Can anyone shed any light on this. Have I got a faulty pair? As it stands they sound quiet and quite tinny. The call quality seems fine in response to what other people have been asking.

I found them lacking in bass and tinny-sounding as well.
I sold them and bought the Cambridge Audio Melomania's and with the proper-size foam tips find them vastly superior and they're definitely keepers.

I found them lacking in bass and tinny-sounding as well.
I sold them and bought the Cambridge Audio Melomania's and with the proper-size foam tips find them vastly superior and they're definitely keepers.

Tinny sound is usually caused by a lack of seal in the ear canal. Getting the right fit is vital. Also lacking bass is a broad statement, if you have been listening to a bass heavy earphone and move to something more neutral, they will sound bass light until your brain adjusts. Points of reference are handy to have.

@Bigt101 the Tevi volume is independent from the source, so you can turn it up on the phone and the earphones. They go louder than a few TWS earphones I have used.

Tinny sound is usually caused by a lack of seal in the ear canal. Getting the right fit is vital. Also lacking bass is a broad statement, if you have been listening to a bass heavy earphone and move to something more neutral, they will sound bass light until your brain adjusts. Points of reference are handy to have

I'm well aware of those points thanks.
The correct size of foams tips that suit my ears were in use and I had a good seal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom