Make LG BP125 DVD Player Region-Free

Hampshire82

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have bought this DVD/Blu-ray player but because I have moved from overseas all of my DVDs (400+) are from a different region. I have looked for weeks to try and find a hack to make it region free. There are a few out there but none of them work (and they are usually for another LG model). Does anyone know how to make this region-specific player into a region-free one because right now I am stuck with a useless lump of metal?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jedi. I tried what you suggested and after 0000 (on Area Code) it came up with a Password box which I put in 0000 again and it goes into the country code. For some reason mine is set to UK (maybe it was before, maybe not, not sure). However, it will still play only Region 1 (US) dvds and not Region 2 (Europe). There is a message at the bottom now that says something like it will play the disc according to the country of manufacturer of the disc. Note: I am in the US and bought it here and am trying to get it to where it plays my UK dvds as well as US ones. Any suggestions?

the country code should be GB for UK. ~(Great Britain)

Give that a whirl. And my wife found on LG's website that they have the instructions to region unlock ( same instructions i gave)

Try GB and save, give that a go.

Could only be for Blu rays and not DVD's though. will test when i get the time

Last edited:
Setup>Lock>Area Code> Enter 0000, verify 0000> Ok. Job done

Does this definitely work? I'll add it to the list if it does.
Hampshire82 let us know how you get on, please.

I've tried it in my LG125 (bought in Belgium). It's locked on DE so entered US to play my R1 DVD's or my region A Blu-rays, but it didn't work.... I even tried other countries (Canada for instance) , I even tried RO, AL , LG,.... I fear it isn't possible with this firmware to unlock the player....

The country setting in the setup menu has nothing to do with making the player regionfree. It is for parental control of rated discs. The ratings are country-depended.

Last edited:
I've tried it in my LG125 (bought in Belgium). It's locked on DE so entered US to play my R1 DVD's or my region A Blu-rays, but it didn't work.... I even tried other countries (Canada for instance) , I even tried RO, AL , LG,.... I fear it isn't possible with this firmware to unlock the player....
Hi. I have the same problem...so what do i do?

Any one discover a hack to make it multi region?
When I go into the setup menu and click on Lock. I highlight Area Code and press enter, then i get two rows of four boxes. i enter O into each box and press OK. Then I get a box that displays a red oblong with GB and arrows above and below. The arrows can be moved left and right.
Then By using the remote keys up and down I can change the letters from GB to any other two letter combination. Is this the hack?

Found this online but not sure if it works:

Door Tray Open, Push "000" Button, Region Code: 0, Press "Pause" Button.

Can someone verify if this unlocks the dvd region?

I just bought a unit today in Australia and it appears to be region-free straight out of the box (for DVDs). I tried two region 2 disks and they played like a charm.

What a pleasant surprise by LG. :)

I just bought a unit today in Australia and it appears to be region-free straight out of the box (for DVDs). I tried two region 2 disks and they played like a charm.

What a pleasant surprise by LG. :)
Surely all players in Australia are region 2??

The answer is yes actually it's reasonably easy to region free any LG bp125 blueray player.

To access the secret region menu required some reverse engineering and i found the solution. Similar to how other models are region free'd for LG.

How to

You need to write this folder and it's files onto a burnable CD, i used windows 7 built in burning and just wrote the folder to the disk.

Folder heirachy is.

\violet0000\rubicon\

you will need to place this file in the rubicon directory and you must rename it MontBlanc.DVD

Then place the cd in the player and switch on it will read the disk and the region change menu will open. select 0 for region free then press pause on your remote to save..DONE, tested worked 1st time for me. and confirmed my region 4 is now playing any region dvd.. haven't tried blurays.

remember rename MontBlanc.txt MontBlanc.dvd, place it on the writeable cd in CD-drive-LETTER-of your-PC:\Violet0000\Rubicon\

ojnce you have burned it, place it in your LG blueray BP125 and turn on, menu shouldf appear, it's says everything in the menu but for the weary select 0 on your remote, then pause, restart DONE!

Attachments

• MontBlanc.txt
    4 bytes · Views: 21,611
The answer is yes actually it's reasonably easy to region free any LG bp125 blueray player.

To access the secret region menu required some reverse engineering and i found the solution. Similar to how other models are region free'd for LG.

How to

You need to write this folder and it's files onto a burnable CD, i used windows 7 built in burning and just wrote the folder to the disk.

Folder heirachy is.

\violet0000\rubicon\

you will need to place this file in the rubicon directory and you must rename it MontBlanc.DVD

Then place the cd in the player and switch on it will read the disk and the region change menu will open. select 0 for region free then press pause on your remote to save..DONE, tested worked 1st time for me. and confirmed my region 4 is now playing any region dvd.. haven't tried blurays.

remember rename MontBlanc.txt MontBlanc.dvd, place it on the writeable cd in CD-drive-LETTER-of your-PC:\Violet0000\Rubicon\

ojnce you have burned it, place it in your LG blueray BP125 and turn on, menu shouldf appear, it's says everything in the menu but for the weary select 0 on your remote, then pause, restart DONE!
This is amazing! I followed your instructions and unlocked my LG BP250
Thank you very much!

Hi, I tried your solution on my LG BP620, and it works for the DVD side of the multiregion, thank you. However, it does not work for the Bluray side, and still only playing my region B discs.

Do you know of a version that would also unlock the Bluray region coding?

Thank you!

How to

Folder heirachy is.

\violet0000\rubicon\

AmyG - if you were replying to my question I was asking about the Bp620, and had already explained it didn't work for the bluray only the DVD

Hey, I must be a dummy, but I need more instructions please. I downloaded file, opened in folder, renamed it montblanc.dvd, made a new folder named violet0000, made a new subfolder named rubicon, then moved montblanc.dvd into rubicon folder. I then moved it all to burner. Burned, put in player, didn't work.

i don't have that player to test on, and my blueray part is factory unlocked on my BP125. I read an unlock on that somewhere do a quick google search.

Hey, I must be a dummy, but I need more instructions please. I downloaded file, opened in folder, renamed it montblanc.dvd, made a new folder named violet0000, made a new subfolder named rubicon, then moved montblanc.dvd into rubicon folder. I then moved it all to burner. Burned, put in player, didn't work.
need to put in, turn off, turn on, then menu should appear if you did it all correct.. otherwise, did you use a third party burner? or windows built in. IE change the cd/dvd format you burned with may be the issue. I wasn't sure which disk format it read, but it worked straight waway and it was quick i've already wiped that disk.

i don't have that player to test on, and my blueray part is factory unlocked on my BP125. I read an unlock on that somewhere do a quick google search.

Hi I have searched everywhere and your DVD fix above is the only one that's worked in part for me, but there's nothing on the bluray side :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom