Marantz 1609 and amazon input

Nikhil77

Novice Member
Reaction score
Guys I’ve hooked up my amazon input speaker out to CD input on my Marantz. I thought streaming music through my input in Spotify would send a digital signal to play music on all speakers connected to the Marantz. Unfortunately this is not working. Any suggestions?

The optical port on most if not all Amazon speakers is an input as opposed to being an output. You'd need to make a bluetooth connection from the Amazon Input to the AV receiver is wanting to convey audio from the input to the AV receiver.

The 3.5mm on the Echo Dot is an output, the 3.5mm on the Echo Plus is an in/out, I have a Dot connected to my amp this way and have also used a Plus this way.
Amazon.co.uk: 3.5mm to rca: Electronics & Photo
Online shopping from a great selection at Electronics & Photo Store.
www.amazon.co.uk
I would suggest one without a sleeve on the jack plug or unscrew the outer sleeve as the Echo socket doesn't have much clearance around it and the 3.5mm plug needs to be firmly pushed home in order to seat properly, also the Dot will need to be on full volume (you obviously won't hear it) as it has a low output voltage, the Plus has a little more.

You can undo the outer sleeves on this one and slide them out of the way. HTH

EDIT: the Echo Studio is a 3.5mm and mini optical input only, so Blutooth would be the only option.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks guys but I don’t think was clear. I’m using my echo input (attached pic) device’s 3.5mm output jack that terminates into left and right channel rca jacks. I’ve plugged this into the receivers CD input. When I change the source on the receiver to CD and I play music through the amazon input I get no music on my speakers hooked up to the amp.

Attachments

• CB9171AB-6E91-4C72-9EED-C53B26EF0FF9.png
    CB9171AB-6E91-4C72-9EED-C53B26EF0FF9.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 23
I think the default assignment for the CD source is the optical input on the receiver? Maybe look at the assignments and change them to the analogue inputs on the receiver if they source is currently assigned to the opticalinput?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom