Marantz 7010 to 8012

assosman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m thinking of upgrading my Marantz 7010 to the 8012. Is there a big difference in sound quality? I have Xtz cinema m6 and 1x12 sub in a 5-1-4 Atmos setup, I don’t listen very loud and the room is just under 4mtr sq . I was thinking about a power amplifier but I don’t have room, any input would be much appreciated

I went from a 7010 to a 7012, for some fairly specific reasons in my case of wanting eARC in order to get HD Audio from my TV's built in apps.

Sound quality wise, I honestly can't tell any difference.

The 8012 is a great amp but it is very expensive.... a 7012 or 7013 would be much cheaper and IMHO no different to an 8012 in your room with your speakers. But, unless you need a specific new feature I wouldn't bother changing.

Hi, I’m thinking of upgrading my Marantz 7010 to the 8012. Is there a big difference in sound quality? I have Xtz cinema m6 and 1x12 sub in a 5-1-4 Atmos setup, I don’t listen very loud and the room is just under 4mtr sq . I was thinking about a power amplifier but I don’t have room, any input would be much appreciated
Yes it will make a difference it will drive your speakers better and should be better for music. It's a totally different amp from the 7010.

Thanks for your replies, I think I am leaning towards the 8012, I do get some drop outs occasionally near the end of a movie which can be a bit annoying, so I was hoping that an up to date model would stop it. plus a upgrade in sound would be good, just wanted to know how much better the 8012 would sound.

Just to let you know that I just changed my Anthem 720 and got the marantz SR8012. The marantz is so much better :thumbsup:

Thanks, I have decided to get the SR8012, just hoping someone will be discounting them in the sales 🤞Thanks again and merry Christmas .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom