Marantz CD player, poor transport?

rccarguy3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read a while ago Marantz CD players digital out isn't that great (coaxial/optical) there are better options out there. I'm using a off board DAC.

A second CDP for another system could come in handy, rather than using DVD/BD player via HDMI.

I am considering cd6006. Where did you read this? Which model? The Denons DCD600 and 800 NE seem good value.

This was going back years, something to do with quality of digital out, jitter or something like that.

There are some problems with the mechanism. I had to have one replaced under warranty on my sa8005. Been perfect ever since. Never used optical out as the current Marantz CDPs have very good DACs on board.

there is a lot of cheaper competition to the cd6006...I hope it is worth the extra price...

It is. You will have to spend a lot more money to improve on the cd6006. Denon DCD 1600 at least and that's just a few quid short of £1000. There are other makes in between the cost of the Marantz and the Denon but if you are working within a budget then it's hard to beat.

It's well made and is quite in operation. I had no problems with it reading any disc I put in it and that included the CD layers of SACDs. I sold it on on here about six months ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom