Question Marantz NR1609. Am I missing a trick??????

Smiffy 2

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Have a Marantz NR1609 receiver. Recently purchased a new FreeSat box and connected to the CBL HDMI input but when I change inputs on the remote to CBL not getting anything at all on the TV (LG B9).
Am I missing something???
Set top box works fine if connected straight to the TV.
It's most probably something simple, but then so am I.
:( :( :(

Have a Marantz NR1609 receiver. Recently purchased a new FreeSat box and connected to the CBL HDMI input but when I change inputs on the remote to CBL not getting anything at all on the TV (LG B9).
Am I missing something???
Set top box works fine if connected straight to the TV.
It's most probably something simple, but then so am I.
:( :( :(
Have you checked this CBL input is using the HDMI port you are connected to in the 1609 input assign screen? Page 175 of the manual

Doh! I'll check tonight (just off out the door to work).
Thanks Doug
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Hello there, I have had my NR1608 running 5.1.2 for 18 months and love it. However switching of inputs can be a pain ; I often have issues with the CBL input (connected to Panasonic HDD PVR) when initially powering the system up. I switch to TV, wait a few seconds for this to click on then switch to CBL. If this doesn't work I switch the Marantz off and start again. It may be possible to change some settings, although I think they are optimised and I have no patience with digital switching systems so simply continue this procedure.
;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom