Marantz SR 8012, 7012, 6012, 5012 & AV 7704 Owners thread

The SR7012 will not be getting IMAX Enhanced.
https://marantz-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers…

The only Marantz models getting this will be the:
SR6013 - in January 2019
SR7013 - in January 2019
SR8012 - in January 2019
AV7705 - in January 2019
AV8805 - in October 2018.

There will be no firmware update to support IMAX Enhanced on older Marantz AVRs.

I know. That’s pretty much the same information in the link I posted.

Last edited:
I know. That’s exact same information in link I posted.

Just thought it best to provide a link to the official announcement as opposed to relying upon a third party source. :)

Just thought it best to provide a link to the official announcement as opposed to relying upon a third party source. :)

Your link appears broken and goes to a 'Page Not Found' on the marantz site.

Last edited:
Updated my SR6012 the other night and now it won’t accept any airplay signal at all. Not only that but ARC seems highly temperamental now had to turn it on and off a number of times to get it working again.

Wish I never updated - only did because I installed the HEOS app! Anyone else have any airplay issues?

Excuse what might be a daft question but I have just got an SR7012 and I'd like to use a pair of wireless headphones with it. As the 7012 has HEOS which transmits bluetooth, can I pair it with some bluetooth headphones or do I still need a bluetooth transmitter plugged into the 7012 for it to pair?

I realise I could also buy some RF wireless headphones with a plug in transmitter in the front headphone socket - would there be any advantage using either RF headphones or bluetooth when it comes to lip synch, sound quality, etc?

Last edited:
Excuse what might be a daft question but I have just got an SR7012 and I'd like to use a pair of wireless headphones with it. As the 7012 has HEOS which transmits bluetooth, can I pair it with some bluetooth headphones or do I still need a bluetooth transmitter plugged into the 7012 for it to pair?

I realise I could also buy some RF wireless headphones with a plug in transmitter in the front headphone socket - would there be any advantage using either RF headphones or bluetooth when it comes to lip synch, sound quality, etc?
I believe you would need a RF connection for the front headphone, as it is with the sister Denon models. Lip sync can be a problem with wireless but with my Denon and hard wired Oppo headphones I've never experienced sync problems. Marantz do seem to put a lot of care into the headphone section, certainly true of their CD players, of which I have two different models, hence the quarter inch connection.

I am looking to change from an Anthem MRX510 to a Marantz SR7012-SR7013 and the only difference I see in the specs is Imax Enhanced, has anybody notice and more difference between the 7012 and the 7013. Looking at the processors because I will use this with my A49 in processor mode with the P777 doing the rest. That brings me to my next question is there any difference in electronics excluding amps between the 7012 and the 6012 seeing I want to use it as a processor. Is the 7705 just a *013 without amps.

I am looking to change from an Anthem MRX510 to a Marantz SR7012-SR7013 and the only difference I see in the specs is Imax Enhanced, has anybody notice and more difference between the 7012 and the 7013. Looking at the processors because I will use this with my A49 in processor mode with the P777 doing the rest. That brings me to my next question is there any difference in electronics excluding amps between the 7012 and the 6012 seeing I want to use it as a processor. Is the 7705 just a *013 without amps.

I think the main differences other than the amplification relate to the display. The SR7012/13 has a full 2 line front panel display (under flap, but in addition to porthole display) while the lesser 6012/13 only has the porthole display.

Other additional features associated with the higher tier model:
Zone 3 (the SR6012.13 is limited to 2 dedicated audio zones)
Learning Remote w/backlight button
Main zone custom Stereo 2CH settings
Blue LED around porthole display
2nd 12v trigger
Auro 3D

Is there a quick and easy ‘how-to’ on safely removing the door?

I hope someone can help, I can't get the Crossover working on my SR7012 (which I've just bought new). I've set the front speakers to Small, the LFE both ways, everything else that looks like it might be relevant, but nothing stops a frequency sweep playing everything through the Front speakers! My Linn Sizmik 10.25 is plugged into Subwoofer 1, and works fine, and everything shows correct on the speaker/amp assign (7.1 bi-amped). It's set to 4 Ohms for the Linn Ninkas. Speaker Selection to All at 80 Hz.

Any tips anyone? I want to play around, starting at 80Hz, but can't get started.

Has anyone tried the Subwoofer Level Adjust ? I realise it’s only altering the trim level but just by enabling the option and not adjusting, it makes the subs sound insane. That’s just enabling, no adjustment.

The manual doesn’t really give much info but I wonder if it does something bizarre like disabling Audyssey on the Subs or something.

Last edited:
I hope someone can help, I can't get the Crossover working on my SR7012 (which I've just bought new). I've set the front speakers to Small, the LFE both ways, everything else that looks like it might be relevant, but nothing stops a frequency sweep playing everything through the Front speakers! My Linn Sizmik 10.25 is plugged into Subwoofer 1, and works fine, and everything shows correct on the speaker/amp assign (7.1 bi-amped). It's set to 4 Ohms for the Linn Ninkas. Speaker Selection to All at 80 Hz.

Any tips anyone? I want to play around, starting at 80Hz, but can't get started.

Is the LFE set to LFE Only ?

Is the LFE set to LFE Only ?
Thanks, yes LFE Only, and also tried with LFE+Main. I checked the Subwoofer Level Adjust as you suggest, it was Off, I changed it to On, 0dB, that didn't change anything unfortunately. The Fronts (set to Small) still start reacting even at 5 Hz, then play alongside the sub just as though there's no crossover.

Thanks, yes LFE Only, and also tried with LFE+Main. I checked the Subwoofer Level Adjust as you suggest, it was Off, I changed it to On, 0dB, that didn't change anything unfortunately. The Fronts (set to Small) still start reacting even at 5 Hz, then play alongside the sub just as though there's no crossover.

Is this just playing music in two channel ?

Hi all, Does anyone know if the front flip down panel on the 7012 is fully removable?
Thanks
Al

Looking at the way it’s hinged, I reckon you’d have to flip it over and take a look.
Sorry, should have been clearer. I don’t own one, but will need to remove the front panel for usb music and still have it fit in my cabinet.
Thanks
Al

Just to update this: I contacted Marantz customer support, they suggested doing a Reset to factory spec and that's fixed it, even after updating the firmware.

Hi all, Does anyone know if the front flip down panel on the 7012 is fully removable?
Thanks
Al
The front panel on the front of the 6012 folds partially under and rests at the same distance from the main chassis as the volume / selection controls - perhaps the 7012 does the same? Don't know it that would give you the room you need in your cabinet!

The front panel on the front of the 6012 folds partially under and rests at the same distance from the main chassis as the volume / selection controls - perhaps the 7012 does the same? Don't know it that would give you the room you need in your cabinet!
Thanks Obiit,
If it’s only as far as the volume it might work. Anyone know if it’s the same for the 7012?

Thanks Obiit,
If it’s only as far as the volume it might work. Anyone know if it’s the same for the 7012?
The 70xx series has a larger panel due to the screen. It sticks out further than the knobs but not by much

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom