Marantz SR 8012, 7012, 6012, 5012 & AV 7704 Owners thread

one aspect i particularly liked over the denon 2300 was in zone 2, i could change ausio settings, increase base and treble etc. The musicality is leaps ahead!

Hi All,

Currently having an issue with my 6012 and LG B7..
All sources work as expected, except for the 'TV Audio' input, so anything directly on the TV i.e netflix\prime etc..

It started about 3 weeks or so ago after a firmware update... Audio worked ok, but just couldn't get other arc functionality, turn volume up and down on all controls, power on\off using one control etc.. ended up plumping for a harmony elite (always wanted one anyways). Issue now is that i 'sometimes' get audio via HDMI, the other day it worked fine. However last night just couldn't get any audio, turned arc on/off on both AV and tv, no difference. Ended up having to change to use optical.

ANyone have any ideas\advice why this may be?

Thanks

Hi All,

Currently having an issue with my 6012 and LG B7..
All sources work as expected, except for the 'TV Audio' input, so anything directly on the TV i.e netflix\prime etc..

It started about 3 weeks or so ago after a firmware update... Audio worked ok, but just couldn't get other arc functionality, turn volume up and down on all controls, power on\off using one control etc.. ended up plumping for a harmony elite (always wanted one anyways). Issue now is that i 'sometimes' get audio via HDMI, the other day it worked fine. However last night just couldn't get any audio, turned arc on/off on both AV and tv, no difference. Ended up having to change to use optical.

ANyone have any ideas\advice why this may be?

Thanks

Replacing the HDMI cable can sometimes resolve some HDMI ARC issues. Newer HDMI cables tend to work better than older ones when it comes to ARC. It is also recommended that you use a cable rated as being at least HIGH SPEED and maybe even look at one officially categorised PREMIUM. THis is by no means a guranteed fix, but probab;y worth a try.

Also note that quite a few people have been experiencing HDMI ARC issues with both Marantz and Denon AV receivers of late and these issues do appear to have materialised when D&M started introducing eARC compliance? It may be the case that these issues are as a result of the updates and may require either a newer firmware revision to recify them or flashing the firmware to an earlier version until a fix is posted by D&M?

Last edited:
Replacing the HDMI cable can sometimes resolve some HDMI ARC issues. Newer HDMI cables tend to work better than older ones when it comes to ARC. It is also recommended that you use a cable rated as being at least HIGH SPEED and maybe even look at one officially categorised PREMIUM. THis is by no means a guranteed fix, but probab;y worth a try.

It won't be the HDMI cable (well unless there is a fault), i have v good cables, replaced with high speed premium ones last year when house was 'done up'

Also note that quite a few people have been experiencing HDMI ARC issues with both Marantz and Denon AV receivers of late and these issues do appear to have materials when D&M started introducing eARC compliance? It may be the case that these issues are as a result of the updates and may require either a newer firmware revision to recify them or flashing the firmware to an earlier version until a fix is posted by D&M?

I was thinking this, being it seems to have happened around the time of the FW update, it makes perfect sense. i have plumped to use optical cable for just tv audio at the mo, don't use atmos speakers, just a 5.1 config, so assume i'm not losing out too much on formats by sticking to this until a future update comes out? My other thought was to factory reset, but can't be bothered to go through audassey again, if firmware is the issue i would expect the issue to come back again after.. May poss contact marantz see what they have to say

Thanks Dante

I have an sr8012 and 7.1.4 setup,

Which sound setting on the marantz unit for atmos compatible bluray should I choose. I do not see the word atmos on the marantz sound setting menu, only stereo, virtual stereo, neural x, auro2d, Dolby surround 7.1, multi in Dolby surround,

I press the movie button on the receiver and it scrolls through the above options.

I have all 11 channels set up on the marantz ok and performed audessey

Thanks in advance

Which sound setting on the marantz unit for atmos compatible bluray should I choose. I do not see the word atmos on the marantz sound setting menu, only stereo, virtual stereo, neural x, auro2d, Dolby surround 7.1, multi in Dolby surround,

I press the movie button on the receiver and it scrolls through the above options.

Thanks in advance

You should see Dolby Atmos as an option. If you’re not, it’s because the 8012 isn’t ‘seeing’ an Atmos soundtrack.

Things to check....

Make sure the Blu-ray has an Atmos soundtrack, and it is the one selected in its own ‘setup’ menu - often it doesn’t mention Dolby Atmos, but is labelled Dolby True HD (the flavour of Dolby that carries the Atmos metadata) - some movies default to a lesser soundtrack.

Make sure you’re watching the main feature when setting your listening mode - menus and trailers are usually presented in Dolby Digital 5.1, or even stereo! So it’s no good setting your listening mode while these are playing.

Other things to note. You must use an HDMI connection between your Blu-ray player and receiver - Atmos requires it; optical connections are not compatible.

You should also check that the Blu-ray player is set to transmit its data via Bitstream not PCM or LPCM so that the receiver does the decoding of the soundtrack, not the Blu-ray player - this’ll be in one of your Blu-ray player’s menus.

HTH

edited to correct the Bitstream vs PCM info

Last edited:

Thanks in advance

Atmos is a format and not a mode. It will appear in the list if actually detected as being present by the receiver. You can also leave it set to Dolby Surround and the receiver would bypass this upmixing processing if Atmos itself is detected. The receiver's PURE DIRECT mode would also ensure that you'd get Atmos if and when available, but would mean that neither room EQ correction or bass management would be utilised. The thing to avoid is Neural:X. If Neural:X is applied to TrueHD or DD+ that includes Atmos metadata then the metadata is ignored and you'd only get the TRueHD or DD+ base audio plus Neural:X upmixing.

Tie fact that Atmos isn't mentioned in the MOVIE modes is an indication that the incoming audio doesn't include Atmos metadata. Atmos only appears in that list if bitstreaming audio that is inclusive of Atmos metadata to the receiver.

Last edited:
My 7012 has played up today. Went to turn it off this morning and unusually I used the Marantz remote, I normally use the Sky Q remote. The amp switched off but it didn't turn off my Emotiva power amp as well like it normally does. I switched it back on again and now there's no signal output to the TV and it still doesn't switch off the Emotiva , turned it all off and back on again at the plug and no change...going away for the weekend so have left it off and will try again on Monday. Anyone else had an issue like this?

Taking delivery of a new 7012 tomorrow. Obviously going to go through the manual and take it slowly in setting up, but just wondered if there was any initial advice on achieving a smooth change over from our old Pioneer LX83 receiver system which is going in part exchange?

Other components in our system:

Panasonic 65FZ802B 4k OLED
Samsung HW-MS650 soundbar (used for general tv watching/listening)
Panasonic DP-UB82EB0 4k Blu-ray player
Sky HD 2TB
Sony VPL-HW55ES 1080p projector
Oppo BDP-103D Blu-ray player used as a CD player now! (used previously for films when we had a Pioneer LX5090 Kuro 1080p plasma)

Our speaker system is Monitor Audio Silver 8 floorstanders, Silver centre and Silver FX surrounds and RSW12 sub. We also used a Rotel RMB 1075 5 channel power amp which was combined with the LX83 to bi-amp the Silver 8s and power the centre

We will eventually try a full Atmos set-up, but not sure if it will be 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 as our seating is hard against the rear wall of the room so 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 is probably not achievable. Might still use the Rotel in conjunction with the Marantz

I want to make it as wife friendly as possible as I had to muck about with the cabling when we wanted to watch Sky through the projector previously. And also a few other sound issues were a bit confusing. I didn’t do any pass through with the LX83 as it didn’t do it!

Any thoughts would be most grateful

Thanks

PA

My 7012 has played up today. Went to turn it off this morning and unusually I used the Marantz remote, I normally use the Sky Q remote. The amp switched off but it didn't turn off my Emotiva power amp as well like it normally does. I switched it back on again and now there's no signal output to the TV and it still doesn't switch off the Emotiva , turned it all off and back on again at the plug and no change...going away for the weekend so have left it off and will try again on Monday. Anyone else had an issue like this?
When this happens turn the power off at the wall, I have had this happen on occasion, how did you get it to program to the sky q remote?

When this happens turn the power off at the wall, I have had this happen on occasion, how did you get it to program to the sky q remote?
I use the Sky Q remote to turn off the TV which in turn, via the HDMI connection turns off the amp. Going to try a factory reset as I have turned it off at the wall but it hasn't solved the problem, I also noticed yesterday that it isn't switching off my subwoofer either!

Taking delivery of a new 7012 tomorrow. Obviously going to go through the manual and take it slowly in setting up, but just wondered if there was any initial advice on achieving a smooth change over from our old Pioneer LX83 receiver system which is going in part exchange?

Sky HD 2TB
Oppo BDP-103D Blu-ray player used as a CD player now! (used previously for films when we had a Pioneer LX5090 Kuro 1080p plasma)

Our speaker system is Monitor Audio Silver 8 floorstanders, Silver centre and Silver FX surrounds and RSW12 sub. We also used a Rotel RMB 1075 5 channel power amp which was combined with the LX83 to bi-amp the Silver 8s and power the centre

We will eventually try a full Atmos set-up, but not sure if it will be 5.1.2 or 5.1.4 as our seating is hard against the rear wall of the room so 7.1.2 or 7.1.4 is probably not achievable. Might still use the Rotel in conjunction with the Marantz

I want to make it as wife friendly as possible as I had to muck about with the cabling when we wanted to watch Sky through the projector previously. And also a few other sound issues were a bit confusing. I didn’t do any pass through with the LX83 as it didn’t do it!

Thanks

PA
Anyone any advice?...

Have just carried out a full factory reset and calibration and all is well again, happy days.

Anyone any advice?...

I went from an 83 to the 7012, process was very simple if you follow the on screen menus. Sound is much better to me with the Marantz as well, I was very pleased.

Sky HD 2TB

Thanks

PA
How did you get on with the swap?

Sorry, haven’t had a chance to set it up fully yet!

Just connected 5.1 Monitor Audio system, the Sky+, Blu-ray player, OLED and Oppo used as a CD player all through the receiver and one HDMI to the TV - seems to work ok.

Played a few CDs and it sounds great, after just an hour or so of connecting. Haven’t introduced our Rotel RMB1075 power amp into the mix yet. Will report back after a full calibration

Hi, anyone know what the letters SG are for at the end of the amps name?, i.e Marantz sr 6012 SG.
Cheers

Hi, anyone know what the letters SG are for at the end of the amps name?, i.e Marantz sr 6012 SG.
Cheers

Silver Gold. It is just an indication of the finish. Marantz offer the options of Black or Silver Gold for most of their AV receivers.

Anyone know what the Sky Q standard remote 4 digit code is to the Marantz sr7012 so i can control the volume etc?

I've paired the touch Sky Q remote easily via the sky settings menu. I let the Q box find and pair it, which it did instantly. However it won't pair the standard one, states the Marantz is not supported (even though it paired the touch remote).

I've tried various codes found via a google search but still no luck.

Does anyone know how to have just the Front left & right speakers plus the sub for music? The stereo setting doesn't use the sub and every other music setting seems to enable full surround sound.

Does anyone know how to have just the Front left & right speakers plus the sub for music? The stereo setting doesn't use the sub and every other music setting seems to enable full surround sound.
There is a 2 Chanel setting in the setting menu, probably under audio,you can set with sub or without.

Hello friends, I would be grateful for some advice regarding Airplay 2 and Marantz receivers. I currently use a 1609 and love it. I use Airplay 2 to play music on the Marantz and it works really well. I am thinking of expanding the audio to other rooms and I would like to stick to Airplay 2 if possible. For that purpose I could get a Sonos One or a Bluesound Flex 2i or even a HomePod as they are all airplay 2 compatible. The idea would be to achieve multiroom music in sync to various rooms using Airplay 2. Has anyone tried using Airplay 2 to sync between a Marantz receiver and other airplay 2 enabled speakers? Is the music in sync if you do this? Many thanks

There is a 2 Chanel setting in the setting menu, probably under audio,you can set with sub or without.
Thanks - I can see that setting but how do you implement it when playing music over Airplay? The only two options I can see are the 'Pure' button or 'Stereo' from the music button - both of which just enable the left & right speakers and not the Sub.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom