Quantcast

Marantz SR 8012, 7012, 6012, 5012 & AV 7704 Owners thread

GlynH

It depends upon the source and how the video is encoded.

View attachment 1241371

Upscalling only applies to video of a lesser resolution. You'd be advised to turn it off anyway.
Yeah as I said I have everything to do with processing turned off anyway.

Seems like it could be down to ‘some kind of HDR signals’ then which is not very helpful.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

GlynH

Both Denon and Marantz as well as Yamaha now include integral Blietooth transmitters onboard their new receivers. Yamaha have been including such transmitters on their receivers for several years now.

DAB is rubbish and will not give you superior audio. You may as well forget DAB and use a receiver's/AV amplifier's Network radio. This will give you as good if not better (higher bitrate) audio than you'd get via DAB.
Ah one generation too late for BT transmitter in my SR8012 then? Pity...it would have been a great solution for me.

Wasn’t particularly looking for superior audio. Just wondering whether to press my existing DAB antenna into service again! My point was more related to the many years that DAB radio has been around and yet manufacturers of even top-end receivers continued to fit FM modules instead of DAB during that period. Used to make me angry but in these last few years of streaming doesn’t bother me any more.

-=Glyn=-

GlynH

Another SR8012 related question; as it doesn’t have tape loops any more (remember those?) how best to feed a stereo analogue signal into my Sonos Connect so whatever is playing on the Marantz in the living room can be squirted to any room in the house? For as long as Sonos allow me to do that on my recently demoted legacy device of course! :(

I’m guessing I could use either the Zone 2 or Zone 3 phono outputs?

Or would I be better advised to use the front left/right stereo pair dedicated for external amplification? Assuming this wouldn’t cut off the regular left/right stereo amplification I have connected to my main stereo pair of course?

I am also guessing these are all fixed output and a good match for the stereo analogue inputs on the Connect?

If I used Zone 2 for the Sonos Connect input then maybe I could use Zone 3 to drive a Bluetooth transmitter of some sort for the Bose 700’s?

Hmmm...thoughts?

-=Glyn=-

PS. Just a thought...if they are not fixed output as I assumed above then Zone 2/3 analogue output volumes might be driven by the volume knob on the SR8012 itself? If this is the case then is there any way to set these for a fixed output and adjust the volume on the destination itself instead of depending on juggling two volume controls? Just thinking out loud...

Last edited:

gibbsy

PS. Just a thought...if they are not fixed output as I assumed above then Zone 2/3 analogue output volumes might be driven by the volume knob on the SR8012 itself? If this is the case then is there any way to set these for a fixed output and adjust the volume on the destination itself instead of depending on juggling two volume controls? Just thinking out loud...
They have to be routed to an amp so the assumption is that they are a fixed output. They will perform the same as the old tape loop out and will be safe with a headphone amp and such.

Top Bottom