Marantz SR 8012, 7012, 6012, 5012 & AV 7704 Owners thread

Can someone explain why audeseey is greyed out on the 8012 in the audio setting . Also audeseey keeps setting sub distance to 5 metres instead of 3 metres this is after 5 Audesey runs. I did change put a new amp board into a XTZ 12.17 yesterday and I have to really turn the sun volume down to get the sw match at 75db but in general I have to turn the sub volume down to 8 o'clock where as before I had it around 10 o clock I have no idea what is going on here
You have to go into the Audyssey settings on the main menu. Take no notice of the distance setting in actual distance, more complicated than that.

You have to go into the Audyssey settings on the main menu. Take no notice of the distance setting in actual distance, more complicated than that.
I am trying to get into the settings to switch to flat and compare to.the ref setting. That is accessed through the audio option audessey is greyed out.?

I am trying to get into the settings to switch to flat and compare to.the ref setting. That is accessed through the audio option audessey is greyed out.?
you are in pure direct mode audessey is grayed out,change to auto.

you are in pure direct mode audessey is grayed out,change to auto.
Someone mentioned changing tur speaker configuration so I have just turned off the Dolby Dolby Atmos speakers on the configuration settings and now Audessey is accessible thats odd

so not in pure direct? weird,has the configuration with atmos speakers been run through audessey,as in not just selected.

so not in pure direct? weird,has the configuration with atmos speakers been run through audessey,as in not just selected.
Yes it has. I will re run again tomorrow

Having owned the 8012 for less than a month. I did not really get an opportunity to really use it until the last couple of days. I watched a couple of films and I am not getting that impactful bass that I am used to

I ran Audeseey a few times hoping I would nail it with one of them runs moving the mic slightly everytime. I am still not satisfied with the bass dynamics even by increasing the bass on the amp by 6db. I don't want to increase the gain on the sub.

D&M really need to ditch or upgrade Audyssey as I know it's to blame. Ref takes away all the details, flat brings that back The night club scene in John wick clearly shows this, I am not sure what else I might be sacrificing

Does the App allow me to make any significant changes it atleast will let me know what audeseey is doing in my room.

Last edited:
I dont know if it is just me but does pure direct mode change its sound characteristics after every new Audyssey Run? as i am noticing a drop in bass extension during music playback after a new run. Direct mode should not be altered as it disables Audyssey right ?

I dont know if it is just me but does pure direct mode change its sound characteristics after every new Audyssey Run? as i am noticing a drop in bass extension during music playback after a new run. Direct mode should not be altered as it disables Audyssey right ?
no change,all processing off in pure direct,sounds the same to me and have done multiple runs.

Anyone else had this issue? Updated the firmware a few days ago on the Marantz SR6012, but now when i press standby, it toggles between main on and main off, then a dimmed display on the front satin Zone2 on, it isn't..and will not go into standy mode at all.

Sorted, must have caught the button behind the flap, working as should now.

Joined the Marantz party this weekend with a SR6013 at a remarkable £700. Due to the price I have jumped in without a listen first.
Still setting up but initial thoughts are that it is clearer and crisper than the Pioneer LX60 it has replaced.

Guys - can i ask a potentially silly question. I have an sr7011 (i know its the 12 thread but still knowledgable people here and its a question that can be applied to both models) - The 7011 has spotify connect, like the 7012. As i have never had spotify before, i have never tried to use it and am only now considering a music streaming service.

The question is, is it only spotify that is able to use the spotify connect app built in on the 7011, or does the app open the device up to using other music streaming services via other apps on other devices like phones and tablets?

There are other services you can acces, but being compatability with Spotify Connect only relates to accessing audio via Spotify. It should also be noted that you'd actually be accessing the audio via a spotify app on another device as opposed to accessing the audio directly via the receive.

Use the heos app,which has a few options,
Screenshot_20191118-204926.png

ok im confused. Im using the sr7011 - what can i use spotify connect on the reciever to do exactly. Could i for example use my phone which may have a quobuz account, or amazon hd, anything - and connect to the reciever through spotify connect or simply a wireless connection to my reciever to play the music through my speaker system

Spotify Connect is specific to Spotify. The receiver would need to be compatable with other streaming services if wanting to access them and no, you'd not be able to use Spotify Connect to access audio streamed via services other than Spotify.

Other devices may allow you to stream audio via Airplay or using Bluetooth though which should still allow you to play the audio on the AV receiver if streamed to it from such devices.

So my best option then was as kahlua stated - use the heos app to get access to more services

ok im confused. Im using the sr7011 - what can i use spotify connect on the reciever to do exactly. Could i for example use my phone which may have a quobuz account, or amazon hd, anything - and connect to the reciever through spotify connect or simply a wireless connection to my reciever to play the music through my speaker system
play music from spotify! have you seen the screen grab above?you would need to log into any account you have on the heos app.if you just want to send tracks from your phone,use bluetooth.

play music from spotify! have you seen the screen grab above?you would need to log into any account you have on the heos app.if you just want to send tracks from your phone,use bluetooth.

I do have a htpc loaded with music but i wanted to have a decent interface between the receiver and my own music, as well as potentially a music service. So i have just started looking into the options. In all honesty i had totally forgotten about the marantz having HEOS :rotfl: i've just not used it for 2 years. The recievers purely been for films and a direct pc connection

I do have a htpc loaded with music but i wanted to have a decent interface between the receiver and my own music, as well as potentially a music service. So i have just started looking into the options. In all honesty i had totally forgotten about the marantz having HEOS :rotfl: i've just not used it for 2 years. The recievers purely been for films and a direct pc connection
heos app,sorted.

Just scored a 7012 for £360 boxed as new..is the over heating a huge issue ? got it to replace my LX83 as a few peeps have..will i notice an improvement sonically ?

Just scored a 7012 for £360 boxed as new..is the over heating a huge issue ? got it to replace my LX83 as a few peeps have..will i notice an improvement sonically ?
Fantastic price and yes, I went from an LX83 to a 7012 and it's much better sonically. I have no issues with overheating either and mines quite tight in the cabinet

Thankyou sir...a bit of a drive for it..still has warranty left...a different sound ? or a vast improvement ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom