Marantz SR6004: fast red blinking light

lapino

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Was just playing a little on my PS3 (for about 30mins) when suddenly my Marantz SR6004 turned off and when turning it back on, I get a very fast red blinking light. No way to turn it back on. Broken?

Sounds (or not, as the case may be) like it. Another one to the pop of death?

There's a section in the manual regarding the lights blinking red...

How old is the amp?

D.

Mine is less than a week old and I'm hoping it never goes pop!

Let us know how you get on.

regards

D.

Was just playing a little on my PS3 (for about 30mins) when suddenly my Marantz SR6004 turned off and when turning it back on, I get a very fast red blinking light. No way to turn it back on. Broken?

I don't know if this is true where you live, but all electrical equipment must provide a 12 month warranty with the purchase in the UK. Which (depending on how evil the company are) can become void if sold on from the original purchaser.

Hope you can get it replaced if it's broken. It's bloody expensive too I believe!
:rolleyes:

I had this happen with my SR7001. It does not mean that the unit is fried. Do the following:
1) Check the surge protector outlet box and ensure that its fuse/circuit breaker has not been tripped.
2) check all speaker wires to see if any bare wire is exposed and touching other wires. If so, then reattach the wires to eliminate any shorts.
3) unplug the power cable from the back of the Marantz (not from the surge protector) and wait 3 full minutes (by the clock).
4) reconnect the power cable. If the standby LED is still blinking, push the power button once, wait 2 full seconds, then press the power button again.

During powerful storms, the ambient humidity can increase to the point in your home's attic/ceiling crawlspace that a minor current leak can occur across ceiling speakers. The Marantz interprets this as a circuit short and its protective feature is activated. Give the storm a few hours to pass and then try this sequence again if your Marantz does not come back to life the first time!

It is extremely rare for a Marantz to get fried if it is protected by a high quality surge protector.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom