Question Marantz SR6012 and multiregion blu ray player, can't get a picture? Help!!

Nayfne

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
So i have a marantz SR6012, had it well over a year and its great, no issues whatsoever. Ive just purchased a Sony bdp s5200, which has the hardware modification to enable region A, B, C playback...now the player works perfectly connected directly to the TV, but wont pass an image through the marantz.

So I've tried different HDMI cables, All the HDMI inputs on the Marantz, changed output settings on both the blu ray and marantz and all i get is the snowy screen effect, the original Sony Splash Screen/ Logo comes on initially but after that, just the snowy screen...any suggestions? I have a feeling its to do with some form of HDCP or just a weird handshake issue? As i say, it works perfectly connected directly to the TV.Many thanks.

How long is the HDMI cable between the Marantz and the TV (and between the Sony and the Marantz), and are the cables you have tried premium certified (Premium HDMI Cable - HDMI)?

How long is the HDMI cable between the Marantz and the TV (and between the Sony and the Marantz), and are the cables you have tried premium certified (Premium HDMI Cable - HDMI)?
The marantz and tv cable is 3 meters, the Sony and marantz HDMI is 1 meter, and Qed HDMI cables, i suppose i could try a shorter run between marantz and the tv?

In general, the shorter the better, but 3m premium certified cabling should be fine (it's about the limit for 4K though). Is your 3m QED HDMI cable premium certified?

I take it your not having any problem with your Samsung K8500,in the same setup ?

:)
Tha Samsung 4k player works perfectly when using the same cable simon.

In general, the shorter the better, but 3m premium certified cabling should be fine (it's about the limit for 4K though). Is your 3m QED HDMI cable premium certified?
It's not premium certified, but as simon mnetioned. My 4k samsung player works perfectly using the same cables..i wonder if its something to do with the hardware multiregion chip when passing through the marantz.

Odd,in theory it should work,i believe Sony player does not support 4K upscaling,just 1080p,is their any where in the chain that 4K upscaling is switched on ?

:)
I think the marantz may try and upscale automatically and the TV is 4k, but as i mentioned, it works fine connected directly to the tv.

Woohhooooooo, ive finally sussed it and now working, something to do with i/p scaler and video conversion.thanks for all the input and suggestions. Im also glad its not a HDMI cable problem
20191105_192441.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom