Marantz SR6014 Audio Dropout

LonePine

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Yesterday I setup my new Marantz SR6014. Previously I had a Pioneer SC-05. Everything else in my setup is the same:
Sony XBR65 4K TV
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon
Pro-Ject MM Phono Preamp
Bowers and Wilkins 700 Series speakers (Towers, center and rear)
PS4
Apple TV

HDMI 2.0 Cables for TV, Apple TV and PS4
RCA Cables for Pro-Ject - with ground wire.

I’m having audio dropouts about every 2-3 songs when listening to a vinyl record on the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon. Theres no audio for 2 seconds and then it comes back and keeps playing fine. 2-3 songs later, it will happen again. This has not happened on anything plugged in with an HDMI cable (Apple TV, PS4). It has also not happened when I play Spotify directly to the receiver.

I tried using my preamp and going into the CD input on the Marantz. I also tried without my preamp and using the Marantz phono input, same issue.
I tried multiple records. I unplugged and replugged. I cleaned the needle. It still happens.

This never happened on my previous setup and I’m researching a lot of ”marantz audio dropouts” but most of them seem to be when using HDMI inputs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know I could return it, but I ‘d like to troubleshoot for a while incase it’s on my end and a new Marantz would have the same problem.

Thank you,

Do you have another amp that you could try your turntable with? It seems that the fault might lay there. I wonder if something happened to it when you changed amps? Have you still got your Pioneer, to see if the fault is now present there?

Do you have another amp that you could try your turntable with? It seems that the fault might lay there. I wonder if something happened to it when you changed amps? Have you still got your Pioneer, to see if the fault is now present there?

Or maybe try feeding another source in to the analogue RCA inputs on the Marantz, as maybe it is something wrong on these inputs

I wanted to continue testing for a day before I came back with any updates. I did a soft reset, as originally suggested on a different thread.
The first two vinyls I played had no issues at all. I kept waiting for it to cut out but it didn’t. The PS4 functioned flawlessly for 2-3 hours with no issues. Before I posted on here I ordered new HDMI 2.1 cables, because I too thought maybe the HDMI’s were the problem. Simply by being connected, even if they aren’t connected to the turntable.

Now we get to this evening. I was playing Spotify through the HEOS function and the audio started cutting out, this time more frequently. But for the same amount of time 2 seconds. I thought maybe it was my phone doing too many things at once and the WiFi couldn’t keep up (we have a strong WiFi signal and high speed). So I moved the connection to my iPad. Opened Spotify on my iPad and did the HEOS connection that way. Same problem.

We live in an apartment complex, no AC running today.

I know it’s not the turntable because the Pioneer has no issues.
Now I know it’s not the HDMI cables because I just replaced all of those to 8k HMDI 2.1 cables.

I think I liked it better when it was just the turntable...

Hello,
I have the same problem sice yesterday, did you succeed solve it?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom