March 2020 Winner - Landscape

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unexpected fog this morning as it hadn't been forecast. Went to a lake but no fog there so doubled back and discovered this scene near the roadside. The landscape has a real spooky ambience which the fog has enhanced big time and it is Friday the 13th! Not sure if the sheep add or detract from the shot but they were there and the photo I took.

fog_sheep.jpg

EXIF
Oly em10 mk3
30mm
f/7.1
1/160s
ISO 200

PP
Basic Raw Adjustments
B&W Conversion
Contrast Adjustment
Straighten and Crop

Lovely image and the mono works really well :cool:

Well you'll definitely get any Welsh member's votes...... 😈

Marika, thanks. It's one of those one's at the time I didn't know would convert so well to B&W.

Just my opinion as a layman, but I don't think that photo would work anywhere near as well if it was colour. The black and white gives it a very "timeless" quality.

Marika, thanks. It's one of those one's at the time I didn't know would convert so well to B&W.

I bet I would also love this in colour. With the right editing, it could have great depth and atmosphere like that too. But it really does work in bw as it is, so no problem there at all :smashin:

BTW the sheep are what raises this shot from good to excellent imo.....

Very good shot. Very spooky looking. Like the way the sheep seem to be looking at you, and thinking what is that person up too.

Genetic fear of wellies probably..... :eek:

Every time I try to take an atmospheric misty / foggy shot it looks terrible, this once definitely shows how to do it properly, have you got a colour version online anywhere?

Very good shot. Very spooky looking. Like the way the sheep seem to be looking at you, and thinking what is that person up too.

Sheep 1: Right, you distract him and I'll grab his camer-
Sheep 2: Shhhh, he's watching us!!

Great scene, the sheep definitely make it.

The colour is fantastic to Para - not sure I can choose a fav. TBH :cool:

Both are great but I think I actually prefer the colour version

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom