Mark’s garage conversion thread

Plaster has dried loads so far today!

FE631DC7-8732-4FF0-A35A-46EFC028C2D8.jpeg

Very nice, looks like your ready for the more fun bits I.e painting, then after painting, radiator, final fix electrics (think I saw space where a plug needs to go) flooring, curtains / blinds, furniture and shelves / pictures

Very nice, looks like your ready for the more fun bits I.e painting, then after painting, radiator, final fix electrics (think I saw space where a plug needs to go) flooring, curtains / blinds, furniture and shelves / pictures
Yep, only trades people left to come is plumber for radiator and electrician to sign off the work and connect up the sockets, then painting and carpets 🙂

You're installing the motorised projector screen yourself then? :D

Don't forget the nice wet mist coat that coats your face and arms as you roll it on.

Makes me feel bad now that our landing is still naked plaster since November.

Don't worry, he'll drive home after a few too many one night, forget about the conversion and drive straight into it and have to start again ;)

Looks brilliant ! What was the total bill in the end?
Grand total (excluding decorating i.e. carpets, paints, wallpaper): £3,172.98

I think i could of maybe saved about £200 if i had shopped around at the end, a lot of my final bits were convenience buying rather than shopping around... but the project had gone on for too long.

Grand total (excluding decorating i.e. carpets, paints, wallpaper): £3,172.98

I think i could of maybe saved about £200 if i had shopped around at the end, a lot of my final bits were convenience buying rather than shopping around... but the project had gone on for too long.

Unreal, well done mate!

So impressed with that!

more than happy to help anyone if they have any questions if they fancy a go themselves!

Nice job mate - I have started mine and gotten as far as the floor being screeded and the stud partition being built (keeping some space back for storage with access from utility room.

Got some blinding bargains on insulation etc so hoping it'll be sub £2500 excluding furniture.

Well done!

Nice job mate - I have started mine and gotten as far as the floor being screeded and the stud partition being built (keeping some space back for storage with access from utility room.

Got some blinding bargains on insulation etc so hoping it'll be sub £2500 excluding furniture.

Well done!
Impressive if you can do it for that much :)

So i guess this isn't the end of the story yet.... building control came out today and started questioning about insulation in the roof (the garage sticks out from the main property), and want evidence that there's insulation in it. So need to go up and move a few tiles and see if there is any, shouldn't be too much of an issue if there isn't, looking online it's just a case of getting some insulation and ramming it under.

Hope no problems there.
The carpet is confusing me.
Is there some kind of modern, sweeping, geometric pattern in it.
Or does it just look like that, as the fibers are laying in different directions, like how stripes on a lawn work?

Hope no problems there.
The carpet is confusing me.
Is there some kind of modern, sweeping, geometric pattern in it.
Or does it just look like that, as the fibers are laying in different directions, like how stripes on a lawn work?
It's a really thick pile carpet (i thought too nice a quality for a play room... but i got out voted), so those lines are hover marks so carpet fibers going in different directions. It's so thick we can't close the door and need to plane it... o_O

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom