Marvel (MCU) General Chat

one for comic book fans

Jessica Drew's back in a new "Spider-Woman" comic written by
Karla Pacheco with art by Pere Perez, starting this March.

spider-woman-1-1196573.jpeg

one for comic book fans

Jessica Drew's back in a new "Spider-Woman" comic written by
Karla Pacheco with art by Pere Perez, starting this March.

spider-woman-1-1196573.jpeg

I been on about it for ages about Marvel and DC flooding the market with different titles and fans not being able to keep up with all the titles . And was chatting to a mate the other day and he said he took a trip to the city the other week and went to two comic shops to find they closed down and one of the reasons was they could not keep up with all the titles where as in the past say Marvel and DC had 20 superhero titles between them you could order a big stock of each title e.g. 100 of each making 2000 and know with the sort of limited choice most of all the stock would be sold.
Now you have about 50 titles per publisher and alternate covers so that's 50*2*2*100 thats 20,000 comics 18,000 more stock obviously you're not going to stock the poor selling titles or carry as much stock but you can see the dilemma it puts shops under. Also they have a nasty habit of doing a run and then restarting them instead of continuing with the original numbering. They call it a jumping on point yet is still part of an ongoing storyline, a lot of us older regular readers call it a jumping off point.

EDIT
I just forgot also some of the titles have 2 issues a month.

Last edited:
Video of the scene she was in.

Bob Odenkirk & David Morrissey Eyed For The MCU's Norman Osborn

Rumour has it that Norm is going to be a big player across the MCU in future so it's a pretty sweet gig to whoever lands it.
Bob Odenkirk? No thanks. We saw that already in Incredibles 2. He was good, but he's not scary.
David Morrissey is OKAY but...
I've just been spoiled by Willem Dafoe.

Dream casting for Norman - If we're going down the proven ability to play a middle aged psychopath route get Bryan Cranston in. OR take Alec Baldwin back in time 20 years.

Not only Redbone gets Starlord dancing but other Marvel characters and peeps in other films as well.

I been on about it for ages about Marvel and DC flooding the market with different titles and fans not being able to keep up with all the titles . And was chatting to a mate the other day and he said he took a trip to the city the other week and went to two comic shops to find they closed down and one of the reasons was they could not keep up with all the titles where as in the past say Marvel and DC had 20 superhero titles between them you could order a big stock of each title e.g. 100 of each making 2000 and know with the sort of limited choice most of all the stock would be sold.
Now you have about 50 titles per publisher and alternate covers so that's 50*2*2*100 thats 20,000 comics 18,000 more stock obviously you're not going to stock the poor selling titles or carry as much stock but you can see the dilemma it puts shops under. Also they have a nasty habit of doing a run and then restarting them instead of continuing with the original numbering. They call it a jumping on point yet is still part of an ongoing storyline, a lot of us older regular readers call it a jumping off point.

EDIT
I just forgot also some of the titles have 2 issues a month.

Yeah, I used to be a big Marvel comics collector, but over the years as they kept rebooting and restarting all the comics that I liked, gradually used their jumping on point to jump off.

The 2 issues a month bothered me as I read the titles for the characters and the art, and the 2 issues a month meant that the creators couldn't possibly keep up so there would be a change of artist for the 2nd issue and normally, that artist would be inferior, or just have a completely different style, and I would find it jarring. On top of that, comics aren't cheap any more, nearly £4 for a single issue is crazy money for something that can take 10 minutes to read.

And then, of course, there's the big cross over events where you may be reading 1 title, but find that you have to buy 4 or 5 other titles that you aren't interested in, or you won't have a clue what's going on for the next 3 months.

At one point I was buying 30 titles a month and now I don't buy any marvel comics, just a few indie ones that interest me.

Well I ain't as old as Zach, so when it all goes pear shaped I can be there to pick up the pieces :D

Just came across this insightful video by HiTop Films on Iron Man 2, and man, what a waste!

"I explained to Justin Theroux, to the writer, and to (Jon) Favreau that I wanted to bring some other layers and colors, not just make this Russian a complete murderous revenging bad guy, and they allowed me to do that. Unfortunately, the (people) at Marvel just wanted a one-dimensional bad guy, so most of the performance ended up on the floor. It is f-ing too bad, but it's their loss. At the end of the day, you've got some nerd with a pocketful of money calling the shots. You know, Favreau didn't call the shots. I wish he would have." - Mickey Rourke, Crave Online (2011)

Basically, Jon Favreau got screwed by Marvel when they decided to turn Iron Man 2 into an Avengers infomercial instead of the thought-provoking and compelling original cut about Tony's blood legacy.

This movie needs a director's cut for sure. Jon got f-ed the same way David Fincher got f-ed in the production of Alien 3. And if any of those rumors about the troubled productions of the other poorly received MCU films like Thor: The Dark World are true, then not only is it a freaking waste, but it makes so much sense when you see the little bits of profundity sprinkled on those supposedly shallow popcorn flicks.

I was honestly annoyed when I felt that the movie was a poor man's version of "Demon in a Bottle" the first time I watched it, and I was right. There was a "Demon in a Bottle" buried somewhere this muddled and meddled piece of work, and Jon could have gotten his big shot much like the way Nolan got his with The Dark Knight.

Ahaha yeah that list is a joke.

Vision overpowered got me...he gets his ass whopped in every scene pretty much.

MCU films Over 22 Billion dollars grossed
I dont think we will see another as successful film franchise like it in our lifetime

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom