Marvel Studios: The Infinity Saga Collector's Edition 4K UHD

Received my set today too, one side of the lid has a small scratch/crack so contacted CS and they offered a 10% refund or a replacement and as I don’t trust Hermes to not loose the return I went for the discount so worked out costing £270 after using a £30 voucher I was generously gifted :)

Hate that this is an Amazon exclusive, as HMV or Zavvi I can use PayPal credit to spread the cost, instead of just dropping £400 in one go

That's what credit cards are for :)

Get it, it's worth it :)

That's what credit cards are for :)

Get it, it's worth it :)
What are they like compared to the blu rays? I already own them all and bought most on release so paid a fair bit for them. Some of the reviews on the 4k versions are mixed, trying to decide if it’s worth spending the same again

What are they like compared to the blu rays? I already own them all and bought most on release so paid a fair bit for them. Some of the reviews on the 4k versions are mixed, trying to decide if it’s worth spending the same again
You'll Atmos sound, but it is a Disney mix so won't be aggressive like Warner Bros soundtracks are.

Better PQ, but that said the blu ray are still good

If you own the 3D blu ray versions, then they have the IMAX footage, which is missing from the 4K's. Disney were stupid not to include it, but no doubt they will fleece us for an IMAX version eventually, the house of mouse loves nothing more than repeat customers.

I've not watched the Blurays so can't compare directly although I have seen regular 1080p HD versions of most of the the films.

The biggest benefit for me isn't so much the resolution itself but rather the HDR/WCG which makes a big difference with the Marvel films as they're generally very vibrant.

I've not watched the Blurays so can't compare directly although I have seen regular 1080p HD versions of most of the the films.

The biggest benefit for me isn't so much the resolution itself but rather the HDR/WCG which makes a big difference with the Marvel films as they're generally very vibrant.
Completely agree, the uptick in detail is minimal but the HDR is where they really shine, wasn’t too long ago I finished my boxset (did one each Saturday evening starting back in January) and was fantastic going through them all again on UHD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom