May 2020 Photo Competition - Launch & Discussion

Zone

Reaction score
Well done to Snerkler for winning April's competition with this picture

For May he has chosen another great theme for the current circumstances we're in at the moment.

And the theme is Still Life.

Just to be clear folks; a camera of any description is allowed; be it a pro DSLR down to the camera on your phone; there is no restriction as long as EXIF data is recorded in the original file :)

If it isn't; then email the original picture to [email protected] to verify your entry!

TBC Competition sponsor Gordon @ will offer his services of a free ISF calibration to a TV/Projector of your choice.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered we will honour the prize

Also as a courtesy; I've been asked to add a little disclaimer that any entries can be added to the AVForums Instagram page; a link will be added back to your Flickr page if you have one, so you may get more traffic too :)

Competition closes Freiday 29th May around 6pm but could be earlier :D

I know this theme's been done before, but as we're still unsure how long lockdown's going to be I wanted to choose a theme you can do at home :smashin:

Congrats Toby - didn't get to vote - thought we had till the 54th of April........ :facepalm:

It's a good theme for the situation and yes, we have had it before. I must say I struggle with this. And last time we had it, if I remember correctly, we had great differences of opinion as in what, in fact, is still life :) I don't even remember who/what picture won, but I seem to recall, that for me, it was the least still life of them all 😂 Waiting with interest what people will come up with this time. I might try and actually create some kind of traditional still life scene. Note words 'might' and 'try' 🤪

It's a good theme for the situation and yes, we have had it before. I must say I struggle with this. And last time we had it, if I remember correctly, we had great differences of opinion as in what, in fact, is still life :) I don't even remember who/what picture won, but I seem to recall, that for me, it was the least still life of them all 😂 Waiting with interest what people will come up with this time. I might try and actually create some kind of traditional still life scene. Note words 'might' and 'try' 🤪
Thanks M, yeah I can remember doing it before but I can't remember who won, or what the other entries were including my own :blush:

It's not a strong genre for me tbh, but it gives us all a chance to enter something. Did you hear that Jim (@shotokan101), gives a chance for EVERYONE to enter ;) :p As always, the theme is open to interpretation so it will be interesting to see if anyone comes up with something outside the box.

I've seen some stunning still life photos recently, but I've no idea how they do it and get the lighting how they do, I wish I knew the secret.

....better get my old whisky making kit out of mothballs then...... :p

got an idea but will depend on the natural light. So if i like it i'll post it, if theres nothin from me then you know its looked cr#p :)

without a load of difusers n soft box's though think it will look naff, well thats my excuse :)

Tomorrow afternoon.....ish :)

I don't think I'll manage to get anything for this month, been too busy sorting out protocols, safeguarding policies etc etc for my workplace in order for return to work. It's been proper manic, not helped by the fact we're moving to a new computerised system that I've had to learn :zonked:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom