MCE won't change channel on Sky+

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Do I need a red-eye adaptor or red-eye serial to fix this problem? The red-eye site doesn't seem to mention Sky+ anywhere!

Cheers,
Andy.

Yes but it doesn't seem to work, I thought it was necessary to get the red-eye to translate the signal that MCE sends to IRDA or something? Anyone else happily changing the channel on their sky+ box without the use of the red-eye or anything?

Cheers
Andy

works for me on my Sky+. MCE TV wizard aks lots of questions and asks for me to press buttons on my Sky+ remote and it works.

Really, mmmm that's strange. Wonder why mine doesn't work then? Back to the drawing board then...

Cheers
Andy

Drummerjohn

DO you use the little sticky on IR blaster if so which box do you have and where do you think the IR sensor is? I have the v2 Pace SKY+ box and mine is hit or miss via IR blaster.

Let me know if you find a soluion Andy!

But I thought the Pace Sky boxes used IRDA and that's why an adaptor was needed to change the IR signal from the blaster to IRDA which the Sky box understands? Or was I dreaming this? Anyway I know it isn't working and I can only assume that's the reason why not...

Cheers,
Andy.

The Pace SKY+ box definitely doesn't use IRDA as I can successfully drive mine with my pronto extender.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom