Meaco dehumidifier fault

Rcdean

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, not sure if this is the right area to post this so apologies if it's not.

Parents have a Meaco 25L dehumidifier that lives in the cellar, dad uses this as a workshop area and has a lot of photos stored down there so they bought a dehumidifier to make sure nothing gets damaged.

Anyway he called me last night to say it's stopped running and can I have a look at it, he's tried turning it off and on again leaving an hour between but makes no difference.

What happens is it starts up and runs for a while 10 - 20 mins then shuts off and flashes C8 on the display.

I've searched for this fault online and found nothing, I can't get over to see them until next week so can't fault find till then.

Does anybody know what this C8 error is.

Units only 3 years old but as been on more or less all the time set on auto.

Thanks

Genuinely not meaning to sound flippant, but give them a ring?

1596720935899.png

Last edited:
Is it definitely showing C8 on the display? Found the manual online (from the Meaco website - not a third party one) and there's a mention of a C2 error code which says to contact Meaco direct.

Instruction Manuals (click the model number you need the manual for - I've assumed your one was the first on the list as it's the only 25l one?).

Cheers guys, dad thought it might be an easy fix like tank sensor or humidistat that I could replace, but a cracked pipe can't fix that.
He's going to give meaco a ring on Monday see what they can do.

Worth a nose around for a loose union nut, which I guess could give the same error? Although if refrigerant has leaked it's going to need replacing.

Last edited:
Doubt there would be a refill valve on there, I'm guessing bit would be the same gas as is used in air con unit's.

Will find out on Monday what Meaco say.

Just an update on this, meaco took dehumidifier last week after confirming on the phone that is was gas leak.
Got it back yesterday fully repaired they even waved the repair fee after identifying it as a manufacturer defect so dad's happy.

Again thanks for the input guys.

Just an update on this, meaco took dehumidifier last week after confirming on the phone that is was gas leak.
Got it back yesterday fully repaired they even waved the repair fee after identifying it as a manufacturer defect so dad's happy.

I've got the same fault on my unit, phoned them up they won't even entertain a repair? Was told they just replace when they break in warranty

Also can I ask on the back there is a label which states what type of refrigerant the unit contains is yours R134A?

Spoken with Meaco and my product is out of warranty. They don’t want to own the problem and have certainly not identified it as a manufacturing fault. I paid three hundred pounds for this product and I have had just under three years use from it. I feel cheated!🤬

Genuinely not meaning to sound flippant, but give them a ring?

I have the same problem. Gave them a call but were very unhelpful. Coils freezing up. Fan running and compressor coming on. Is it possible it needs refrigerant? Humidity readings correct as I have 2 25l. Filters clean. Is possible to add refrigerant? Or if there is a leak that’s the end of the dehumidifier which are not cheap !!!

I've got the same fault on my unit, phoned them up they won't even entertain a repair? Was told they just replace when they break in warranty

Also can I ask on the back there is a label which states what type of refrigerant the unit contains is yours R134A?

We’ve had error showing of C8 but having got off the phone, I’ve been told it’s not repairable and we need to purchase another one. Meaco is willing to give 20% off their other brand as a good will gesture!! But I’m absolutely fuming, our last one from Ebac lasted us 10 years, hoping this would be the same.

Originally, spouse did all the research to finally settle for this one, since it was also recommended by Good Housekeeping Institute back in 2019! Mine also has R134A code, what does that indicate is there a fault in this particular refrigerant the unit contains.

Waiting to speak to the manager.

Any help would be appreciated

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom