Metro Exodus launches on Steam! (40% discount)

Not getting this until it is dirt, and I mean dirt cheap. The whole Epic Store exclusivity thing last year cheesed me off.

And I probably would never play it anyway. :D

Not getting this until it is dirt, and I mean dirt cheap. The whole Epic Store exclusivity thing last year cheesed me off.

Its on Gamepass Ultimate so it doesn't come much cheaper than that.

It has been on gamepass and windows store for 10 months, it wasn't exclusive to only Epic.

I thought the same, but at £20 its pretty fairly priced.

It has been on gamepass and windows store for 10 months, it wasn't exclusive to only Epic.
indeed... it wasnt on steam but that is not the same as being an epic store exclusive.

besides there are 1000s of games which are steam store exclusives.

but we have been down this road before and people are not going to agree now any more than they did before.
But the fact that people buy games like witcher on steam when they could properly own a DRM free copy from GOG shows just how strong the steam hold is and exactly prove why Epic have to splash some cash if they want to compete with steam.***

Even EA seem to have given up now and are putting their games back to steam. I doubt many will buy from origin once they can pay GabeN.

*** and i am part of the problem here too. I own witcher, witcher 2, Hellblade and NMS........ all of them on steam.

The thing is, I don't buy my games from Steam themselves as their prices are terrible most of the time.

The thing is, I don't buy my games from Steam themselves as their prices are terrible most of the time.
I dont either generally.... but if you look in the terms and conditions, valve are not happy about people using many of the "grey" stores as well... so its not like valve are saying "hey guys, buy from G2A and cdkeys" and Epic are grinches about it.. I think valve hate G2A as much as everyone else does.... (apart from AVforums..... who obviously get advertising revenue from them which I am still bitter about now TBH as i used them in ignorance due to an advert here).

All of my epic store purchases have been direct as it happens (all 4 of them) but Humble are an official epic store reseller as well.
yes Epic pay for some exclusives..... yes i would rather they didnt............. but equally I can see why they have to because if they didnt no one would buy from them.

Last edited:
I've bought 1 game from Epic and have a library of 50! :)
similar here. So far i have missed 1 epic store freebie.

I have bought ......
Division 2 gold (£6.50)
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (£7.99)
Heavy Rain (£4.40)
Beyond 2 Souls (£4.40)

I *almost* bought Metro Exodus , and just today hovered over Outer Worlds for £14.99 but in a rare moment of will power backed out.

I *almost* bought Metro Exodus , and just today hovered over Outer Worlds for £14.99 but in a rare moment of will power backed out.
GOt both of them lined up on Gamepass for the princely sum of about £7 for 5 months worth.

Gamepass is great but not good for me. I got 3 months of Vive port and in my full sub tried 1 experience for 40 mins.
I prefer to buy the game and let it sit untouched for 5 years ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom