Micro four thirds place (all m43 images welcome)

Last July we went to the USA - it seems crazy that I'm only just processing the pictures, but then life gets in the way. Anyway - stitched from 5 handheld shots here's a Manhattan sunset from Brooklyn...

Olympus OM-D E-M10ii 12-40mm f2.8 Pro lens

P7070655-Pano-2 (Custom).jpg

Last July we went to the USA - it seems crazy that I'm only just processing the pictures, but then life gets in the way. Anyway - stitched from 5 handheld shots here's a Manhattan sunset from Brooklyn...

Olympus OM-D E-M10ii 12-40mm f2.8 Pro lens

View attachment 1823288
Nice, I can’t believe you’ve not processed your pics yet, I have to do mine ASAP :laugh:

How did you find New York? I loved it and would love to go back one day.

Nice, I can’t believe you’ve not processed your pics yet, I have to do mine ASAP :laugh:

How did you find New York? I loved it and would love to go back one day.

Since I got back work has been crazy - after spending +8 hours at this PC working the last thing I feel like doing is staring hard at Lightroom in the evening and weekend :)
We were away for nearly a month so there's a daunting number of images to look at - including a bunch of panos and HDR brackets that take so much effort to edit.
Since I let my Flickr Pro lapse I've no quick way to share either - which affects what I do with the pics too.

3rd time in NYC and still really enjoyed it - there's still plenty to check out just in Manhattan. We spent a day in Brooklyn too which was fun.

The other night had a clear sky with a lot of stars visible to the naked eye ...
But, when I set up the E-M1X and launched a Live Composite, many more became visible ... unbelievable how many stars there are ...

lens 12-40/2.8 @ 12mm and f2.8
320 shots of 15 sec each, totalling to 1Hr 20min of exposure ...

Stay safe,
Rafael

Attachments

• P3270402 4.jpg
    P3270402 4.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
Can we share photos of people aka portrait photography? Don't see many portraits on here. Wanting to use my 42.5mm lens.

For a Portrait you ideally need a subject who can pose well... :)

Then again this Little Owl is keeping watch over its nest, so is paying attention - very rarely to me as I was some way off and Owls seem to know people can't fly, but eventually checked me out...

P1244214.jpg

GH5, Metabones Smart Adaptor, EF 100-400 II
400mm, f/5.6, 1/400th, ISO 400
Kensington Gardens, London

Hi, I'm thinking of getting my Olympus PEN-F serviced, so looking for recommendations as I don't think Olympus or OM Systems offer servicing of legacy MFT in Europe any more.
Thanks.

@Erlang168 AFAIK OMS Systems are the only people servicing Olympus cameras in Europe as Olympus withdrew spare parts supplies from 3rd parties before the camera division was spun out.
Olympus USED to offer free services at Photo Shows but I haven't seen any mention of it for a few years - not sure there are any Photo Shows post COVID?
Worth contacting them through their website to see what they say.

@Erlang168 AFAIK OMS Systems are the only people servicing Olympus cameras in Europe as Olympus withdrew spare parts supplies from 3rd parties before the camera division was spun out.
Olympus USED to offer free services at Photo Shows but I haven't seen any mention of it for a few years - not sure there are any Photo Shows post COVID?
Worth contacting them through their website to see what they say.
There isn't a Photography Show in Birmingham this year as they are moving the dates around for next year (to 16-19 March 2024, was in Sept 2022). I think this is a cunning plan to return it close to my birthday to get me to spend more money (worked quite well back when it was in my Birthday week every year).

There will be a Societies show in London in January-ish 2024 but OMDS and Nikon don't seem to attend.

Large dealers (Park, Camera World, Wex, etc.) have shows/events and they might be there??? Also a dealer might host some-sort of OMDS event, so probably worth subscribing to their e-mails.

I saw them (well, Oly back then) at one of the media creator shows (KitPlus? MPTS? BVE?) when the E-M1X was shiny-new, but haven't seen them at one since, and there are less shows than there used to be.

What does it need doing - if sensor dust a Giottos Rocket Air may be all you need?

Last edited:
Yesterday, we had torrential rains again during daytime, but, fortunately, in the evening, the sky cleared up nicely, and I was able to go out to shoot the Perseid meteor showing from our backyard ...

I shot 250 15sec shots with the 12-40/2.8 Oly lens and found 4 or 5 (for the attentive observers) having a meteor in them ...
Combined those 5 in Gimp, and this came out after some editing in C1 v22 ...

stay safe,
Rafael

perseids03.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody shooting micro4/3 anymore ??? Come on, Panasonic and Olympus shooters, show us some images !!!

Here's a few recent ones ...

"Dino foot" amongst the snowdrops
53553353058_a4666e3c75_k.jpg

Just a little sunlight on this winter tree
53549254301_044762f002_k.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom