Micromega M150 Integrated Amplifier Review & Comments

Looking at this and I realize even at a fraction of the price it will always be well out of my teach. Just wondering though in this day of multi digital inputs,cam I the only one that thinks an amp with digital inputs should have 2 optical and 2 coax as a very minimum?

An amplifier with an audible fan. It literally adds noise. For this money I’m sure you could buy many alternatives that don’t do that, and look/sound just as amazing

An amplifier with an audible fan. It literally adds noise. For this money I’m sure you could buy many alternatives that don’t do that, and look/sound just as amazing
Yes, for that money I'd expect perfection - and a decent app!

Well you couldn't buy one as slim as this running A/B amplification without fans and the power output stated.

So it is inherent of this design.

Yes fans would put me off but others may live with it if they must have a slimline unit.

Well you couldn't buy one as slim as this running A/B amplification without fans and the power output stated.

So it is inherent of this design.

Yes fans would put me off but others may live with it if they must have a slimline unit.

Slimline amp + isolation platform + ventilation space = normal amp

Slimline amp + isolation platform + ventilation space = normal amp

Slimline amp + careful use of the wallmount option= Something different again though.

Yes, for that money I'd expect perfection - and a decent app!
You cant buy perfection even with the much more expensive Aavik,CH Precision and Devialet all-in-ones,but how does it compare to the Naim Unity Nova and the cheapest Devialet?The Matrix all-in-one also looks intriguing.

It's a shame that the review didn't go into more depth with regard to the M.A.R.S. RC. My experience of competitive products from Lyngdorf has shown that good RC (in my room at least) can provide a very significant improvement - far more than just about any other factor, aside from speaker selection.

LOL my valve amp is a noisy bugger (hums) I can't hear at my listening position mind. But I've yet to find a quieter amp I'd swap it for.

You cant buy perfection even with the much more expensive Aavik,CH Precision and Devialet all-in-ones,but how does it compare to the Naim Unity Nova and the cheapest Devialet?The Matrix all-in-one also looks intriguing.
I’d be intrigued with avf reviewing the devialet expert 220 pro in a comparison to this unit. The biggest drawback I read from this is that it’s not Roon ready. I use Roon all the time and wouldn’t be without it nowadays.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom