Microsoft Office and Ebay

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually purchase a 12 month product for MS Office on ebay. They are genuine boxed items with a code inside. It is time again to purchase but there are now a rake load of what I would regard as dodgy listings. There are some listings spouting a disclaimer along the lines of
ECJ judgment, 03/07/2012: Used software may be resold. "Used software licenses may generally be resold. This also applies if the software was purchased and downloaded from the Internet.

I am assuming that these are indeed all fishy but surely they would have been removed by ebay. Or am I missing something?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Pssst! I was never here, I didn’t tell you this okay.

These are slightly dodgy but work fine. I don’t believe they are boxed, I suspect you will be emailed a code.

That code will work, it is genuine, but probably not intended for use in the UK (more likely Russia).

It will install, it will activate over the internet. It will work and it will receive updates as normal.

If some time later you have to reactivate, for example, you have to reinstall or you update significant components (like motherboard) in your PC it is likely that you will find it will be deemed as invalid as Microsoft will have caught up.

But until that point of reactivation is required (if it ever is) it will work perfectly normally and you wont get any issues from MS.

You can also find these on Amazon.

Cheers,

Nigel

I am assuming that these are indeed all fishy but surely they would have been removed by ebay.
In general, never ever rely on this as a sign of an item/listing being genuine. Don’t use it as your benchmark for reassurance.

In general, never ever rely on this as a sign of an item/listing being genuine. Don’t use it as your benchmark for reassurance.
I won't. I just thought that if there was an issue eBay would have clamped down on it due to the numbers being listed.

Pssst! I was never here, I didn’t tell you this okay.

These are slightly dodgy but work fine. I don’t believe they are boxed, I suspect you will be emailed a code.

That code will work, it is genuine, but probably not intended for use in the UK (more likely Russia).

It will install, it will activate over the internet. It will work and it will receive updates as normal.

If some time later you have to reactivate, for example, you have to reinstall or you update significant components (like motherboard) in your PC it is likely that you will find it will be deemed as invalid as Microsoft will have caught up.

But until that point of reactivation is required (if it ever is) it will work perfectly normally and you wont get any issues from MS.

You can also find these on Amazon.

Cheers,

Nigel
Cheers Nigel.

Yeah, I got a couple of these off Ebay and Amazon - just the codes - although I did have to do it by the automated phone way.

I am conscious that reinstalling may potentially give me issues in the future but I rarely reinstall Office and for the price (average £10) was worth it.

My latest version of MS Office was purchased from Amazon for just £29 - shipped from Australia.

I paid £2.18 for an eBay key of Office 2013 Pro Plus 2 years ago and it's still working fine.

i pay 55.99 per year for my office 365 family account - me and 5 family people can install and use office on their machines - up to 5 installs each. plus each family member gets 1tb of onedrive cloud storage.

i pay 55.99 per year for my office 365 family account - me and 5 family people can install and use office on their machines - up to 5 installs each. plus each family member gets 1tb of onedrive cloud storage.
Where from? It's £79.99 from MS for annual sub to 365 isn't it?

I also do not like Office 365. I know SaaS is likely the future but never got on with the whole subscription model thing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom