Question Migrate from Monitor Audio Apex to Elac Uni-Fi Series

I don't think this statement was 100 % accurate after reviewing it. I think I was after a few things which led to the decision to migrate.
  • We are changing the layout of the room meaning we will be over 1m further away from our screen.
  • Adding the required speakers to existing system requires cash at a level that makes you consider what else is out there.
  • I was after something built for movies/tv - that's when i came across these THX certirfied systems above which led me to some of the obscure brands mentioned in this thread.
  • Also there was a window of opportunity to get this done now if it was to be done otherwise I will stick.
Came across the below thread last night which is almost like the same situation I am in:

Apex Upgrade Thread from 2018

Also i keep seeing these XTZ M8's on sale at the moment.

I was tempted as I have the M6 and the reduction was super good. Checked a few weeks ago and saw most of the items on sale were sold out, appears it did well. I highly recommend the XTZ M6, they are the best speakers I have ever owned. I have 7 M6 and have owned 9 in total. I also briefly owned a pair of S2 and S5. I cannot comment on the M8. Someone on here - I think Dodgetheviper- said they thought that the M6 did not travel well up to the M8, not sure if they meant the sound and or design. On paper and just looking at them, I can only imagine them being better, though.

But my M6 still stun me and I decided recently that I want to upgrade to pro cinema speakers or build my own in the future, for example JBL or DIYSG.

All the very best with your upgrade,

fallinlight

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom