Answered missing channels

gary1875

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help me. If i put my ariel in the tv, then all channels are there, i then put it into a freeview recorder and do a fresh install of channels, but the itv ones are all missing?

Help please lol

If i put my ariel in the tv, then all channels are there, i then put it into a freeview recorder and do a fresh install of channels, but the itv ones are all missing?

More info needed.
ITV channels missing on what, Tv or Freeview recorder?
Make and model of Freeview recorder?
How is the recorder connected to the Tv, scart lead or HDMI lead?

Welcome to the forum.

Which model of Freeview recorder is it?
Is it connected via HDMI to the TV?
Do you have the option of connecting temporarily via scart?

The reason for the questions: The ITV stations will all be carried on one multiplex.
You may be failing to receive that multiplex on the box simply because it is at a lower signal level than the other multiplexes and falls below the particular sensitivity of the box... or it may be that the HDMI lead is causing minor interference knocking out that multiplex only.

If you can tune the box without the HDMI lead connected - either by temporarily substituting a scart lead - or by setting the tuning procedure away and immediately disconnecting the HDMI lead (both ends) you may find you can tune in the ITV stations.
If you manage to achieve that, DO NOT rescan again even if the stations disappear. They will return once you get to the bottom of the reception issue.

Hi there Gavtech and Jaycee, thank you for the prompt reply. The unit is a luxor recorder, and only has scart connections. i have had it a while and not used it for ages. i had a new aerial fitted to the bedroom this week and thought it would be good to watch a few things i had recorded in bed, but obviously i'd like all the channels lol.

Last edited:
Just done a rescan and all the channels are there, but the itv ones are not working still?

No idea what the model is but here is a picture

Attachments

• IMG_0474.JPG
    IMG_0474.JPG
    828.3 KB · Views: 81
There will be a label on the rear or the bottom with the model no printed on it.

Just a thought. Go into the Recorder's settings menu and see if there's an "RF Loopthrough" setting. If there is make sure it's set to "on"

That box may have 4 Belling Lee type connections on the rear? ANT1 in a RF 1 'loop' out from that (short cable needed?) to ANT 2 in and a RF 2 out to feed on to the TV; so that both tuners got a feed. {Later ones allegedly had it done internally so just ANT in and RF out.}

Top Up TV boxes have the TUTV software which has a fairly poor reputation...

Your (approximate) LOCATION is important... it's possible a 'wrong transmitter' has been tuned in for ITV and hence giving breakup in areas where two transmitters can be received? {Typically better versions get stored in the 800s range from the other transmitter.} Manual tuning should fix that (if TUTV sets support that - which if memory serves me they might well do?).

Thanks for all the help folks. I have tried to change the frequencies but alas its not helped. It is an old box with the small piece of cable making the loop. tried to do a manual tune but it wont allow that, perhaps i need to upgrade?

Location?
Transmitter(s) receivable?
Are any channels stored on 800 and above?

Try tuning the TUTV on your other aerial (lounge). Perhaps the new aerial into bedroom is faulty?

Location?
Transmitter(s) receivable?
Are any channels stored on 800 and above?

Try tuning the TUTV on your other aerial (lounge). Perhaps the new aerial into bedroom is faulty?

Well done rodders, thats the problem. The recorder fired up superbly in the lounge, but it appears the new aerial in the bedroom is faulty.

Will call them back out in the morning.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Gary.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom