MK - Lyngdorf Build

The MP150 have angled baffles designed for them to be placed below a screen like this.
The LCR spacing is correct for the size of screen and relative MLP. They also have a very wide horizontal dispersion and narrow vertical dispersion.

Cheers! I'm not disputing your work BTW (I did say it looked stunning). Merely layman observations from the photos.

I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks as well!

Cheers! I'm not disputing your work BTW (I did say it looked stunning). Merely layman observations from the photos.

I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks as well!
Never thought that for a minute.
The room is stunning and will sound awesome once finished.

The Lyngdorf doesn't have any track record with HDCP errors, but LG C9's do - case in point would be the xbox one debacle and some people with Sky Q.

You need to another TV set, even something 1080p with HDCP 2.2 will bring which component is at fault here. If the TV doesn't recognise the Lyngdorf then this will happen.

So to my enormous surprise after working through the chain of equipment, it turned out to be the MP-60 - I guess it had a dodgy circuit board or something. Fortunately Rich sorted out a replacement pronto (I knew there was a reason to let him in the house after all) and the replacement works perfectly.

Set up roomperfect for the first time tonight and wow! Watched a few scenes from various blu rays and was totally immersed (as someone more focused on the audio, I also hadn’t quite appreciated just how immersive that big an OLED is too). Also watched Greyhound on AppleTV and was actually pretty impressed by the quality of the streaming atmos audio and UHD video.

I suspect we‘ll be spending a fair amount of time down in the basement...!

Awesome, glad you got it sorted and that's Rich for you, if something should go wrong, he's on it - like getting a replacement part or whatever.

Still wouldn't let him in the house tho.

Those 150's are good aren't they? They're not a kick in the arse off the 300's which are sweet.

suspect we‘ll be spending a fair amount of time down in the basement...!

Probably should keep that to yourself.

The 150s are as good as I could have hoped for (hopes were high). Funnily enough, the speakers that surprised me the most were actually the small IC95s in the ceiling. They actually put out a hell of a lot of sound and work great in the system. Almost like these MK people know what they’re doing...

Hi @NASAKillbill, thanks very much - the system's been getting a decent amount of use, we've been racking up a film most nights and have actually got a decent amount of joy out of streaming films as well as the higher quality UHD blu-rays.

I actually haven't listened to any standalone music on this system yet and not sure it will get much usage from me on that front tbh. However, what has stood out has been the quality of the music in films we have been watching. We watched the Hidden Figures blu-ray the other day and the jazz soundtrack that makes an appearance was really sumptuous throughout. There's a moment where there's some cymbals playing in the foreground and it sounds so clear and crisp, very cool. Hearing Bowie on The Martian earlier tonight was really wonderful, adds a nice layer to the enjoyment when watching a film. Oh, and the 80s soundtrack on Atomic Blonde is so lively, just thumping at times.

I guess I might sign up for one of the high quality music services like Tidal for a month just to hear what the system can do, but with very young kids most of the music we listen to during the day is nursery rhymes around our living room and kitchen!

Will post some more TV room pics when something more meaningful happens (maybe when the curtains go in), but in terms of the back end, here's how my router cabinet and rack space turned out:

1601375947680.png

1601375976288.png

Very neat. Are you waiting to put something in the bottom? Isn't it top heavy?

Very neat. Are you waiting to put something in the bottom? Isn't it top heavy?

Nah, not right now, just how the build played out. It's not a topple risk though, as it's a ) so damn heavy and b) the wheels on the rack move it around smoothly enough. To be honest, i'll probably put in another shelf or two at the bottom and just use it for general storage right now! I had thought about putting the NAS in the larger rack but it fits in the router cabinet pretty neatly so no need.

What a fab looking install. I hope more people can get to hear these types of systems. You dont need to see speakers to get incredible sound.

Hats off to Richard at Seriously Cinema!

Once the room is completed I’m sure Aman will post some pictures of his stunning room. 😍.
Dynaudio in ceiling speakers were also installed to provide multi room audio in the kitchen/dining and sitting room areas.

What sort of depth does the IW150T require that meant you couldn’t use them?
I have a couch pushed right up against the back wall and would be interested to know if they would work in a 7.x.x setup.

95mm

I’ll be installing some as part of a 7.2.4 set up. They are meant to work very well.

What sort of depth does the IW150T require that meant you couldn’t use them?
I have a couch pushed right up against the back wall and would be interested to know if they would work in a 7.x.x setup.

Actually depth was fine. On the rear surround speakers, I didn't have the available wall width to fit them in unfortunately, although I have no complaints with the sound in the room using IW950s for the rear!

We've added a few more bits and pieces like the curtains and carpet runners now - still lots of furniture bits to do but I suspect the pace of change will slow down drastically from here for a while

1605048450084.png

1605048466579.png

1605048486251.png

1605048510412.png

And yes, the front wall plugs will be lowered (and that wall repainted) but will probably be a couple months out to get that work done for various reasons.

I watched Back to the Future 4K yesterday and the opening scene with the clocks was crazy, atmos to the max! A film i hadn't seen since basically VHS, so was a brilliant re-watch, so much more detail. I've been adding lots of "oldies" (some are just 1080P blu-rays) to my watch list, which for some reason I'm currently preferring to modern action films (although Blade Runner 2049 is mental, the bass in that had my house shaking).

Anyway, things are generally going well! Thanks to everyone on the forum for their help and feedback, particularly in the days before I started doing any work and was just reading the forums to learn about the various tech and options - it's all been quite the education and very enjoyable.

Looks stunning and I bet it sounds fantastic. Congrats.

Stunning room, looks great with the speakers hidden and the decor looks great. Enjoy and I am sure it sounds amazing.
I am also going to be starting a similar build with in wall speakers and these MK speakers are on my list. Unfortunately being in Northern Ireland I don’t know of anywhere to listen and demo M&K speakers.

Who dares wake me during nap time???

It's been a while since I last posted on this thread, just a quick update to say those annoying high power sockets (and a light switch on the right) have now been moved down and to the side respectively.

We have a couple movie posters to go up where the spotlights are focused on the TV wall and some new furnishings, so I might do an update when they are up and the new sofa etc are in.

1628800410179.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom