Mobile Phone Photography Thread

mrpop1

Established Member
Reaction score
All,

I have been thinking recently that we could do with a Mobile Phone photography thread, these days for whatever reasons we are using our phones for more and more of our photography needs – whether you’re like me and have a 2 year old son and a heavily pregnant wife restricting your camera time or perhaps like Gordon @ Convergent AV you are doing a specific iPhone project. I think it’s clear that the in-phone cameras are getting better and better and when combined with the Vignette apps or the photoshop style ones we can now achieve some pretty decent images.

So roll up, roll up and show off your phone pictures here! :D

I will start us off with a couple taken on my Samsung Galaxy S. None of them have any PP apart from the portrait with the obvious vignette...

Chinese Lantern by DP Photog, on Flickr

Fireworks 2 by DP Photog, on Flickr

Legend playing football in back garden by DP Photog, on Flickr

Legend by DP Photog, on Flickr

London - October 2010 2 by DP Photog, on Flickr

mrpop1 - good idea for a thread (you read my mind).

Like the tones in #4. It's a good portrait shot. #5 is very nice too.

This one was taken today with my HTC Desire. B&W conversion in PS.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

West Lothian

dsc0403y.jpg

dsc0427z.jpg

Paranormalist, that's a great shot - I love the fact that phones are now capable of this quality of photo :) Was the PS done on a computer or do you have the phone app?

I have the app but this time I did the B&W conversion on the computer with Photoshop.
Cheers

NIce idea for a thread and some great shots guys - especially like the frozen spiderweb Para :smashin:

Jim

I know this an old thread but that's not my fault! Taken with Nokia 920. Pity Nokia and Microsoft messed it up!

full

full

full

full

full

Images not displaying for me Spidey ?

when you put in the url for the first image it says -
AVForums - Error

You do not have permission to view media within this album.

Maybe there is a setting in there that needs changing?

much better - at least the are visible however the forum resizing (I guess) isn't doing them any favours - look very (very very very) "jaggy" to me ? (technical term;))

First you complain that you can't see them, now you're telling me they look like a series of bright flares in the sky. Think your screen needs calibrating. You need a spyder.

I must admit I'm quit surprised that I haven't seen more feedback/input here from the Photo section.... :(
Jim

Will you tell him or shall I?

Last edited:
I know this an old thread but that's not my fault! Taken with Nokia 920. Pity Nokia and Microsoft messed it up!

full

full

full

full

full
I'm impressed with the quality of these, especially 4. Nice set.

I'm impressed with the quality of these, especially 4. Nice set.
Hi, it was one of the reasons I bought the 920. Do you see any of the jaggys that Jim was commenting on or do you think that might just be envy on his part? ;)

:D:rotfl::laugh: first photo with my phone... processed in Google ...heh

Mobile+Snaps+-+1

If anyone wonders how I did it - I've included a making of photo, also taken with a mobile phone

making of.jpg

Last edited:
...and very nice it looks too - and the piccie ;)

Google makes it too easy to upload crap :D

CuERlz02oWi7fKQPqP_Tm6lMq0Ubv6JFROE4ylloLlM=w467-h830-no

Hi, it was one of the reasons I bought the 920. Do you see any of the jaggys that Jim was commenting on or do you think that might just be envy on his part? ;)
I can't say I noticed tbh, but they're not showing on the iPad for some reason so will revisit them when I'm back on the laptop.

I like that - even the frame :eek: - not so sure about the slight lean though :devil: :D

Took this (no edits) on my Nexus 5 while out for a walk to the shops one morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20131130_081052.jpg
    IMG_20131130_081052.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 214
NIce sky

Viewed again now on the laptop. They look fine to me so think it's either envy or his ageing eyes ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom