Modern Warfare II now Backwards Compatible

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally its now Backwards Compatible

'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2' Now Backward Compatible on Xbox One

'They finally did it! Today, Xbox's Major Nelson (Larry Hryb) revealed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is joining the Xbox One backward compatible library. After years of begging, they finally pulled the trigger, and now we get to hop back online with Marathon Pro, Lightweight Pro, and Commando Pro for some run-and-gun goodness'

This still a mess? Grabbed a copy from eBay for a few quid.

Lag (for me - not sure about anyone else) is pretty bad - rubber band lag / players skating across the map - insta kills galore - not enjoyable

However the odd game is good which keeps me addicted like the old days !

They don’t make maps like this anymore - the score streaks / guns and perks etc are head and shoulders above any “modern” day COD

Sad but true

Does this still gauge a lot of interest from the COD community? i.e are the lobbies well populated?

MW2 used to be my fav game on the 360 back in the day.

been playing this and loving it! So many great maps! :)

Found my MW2 box the other day, disc was not in it :facepalm:

Will give this another go as soon as I locate the disc.

Showing in the MW store now... Doesn't nention it being unavailable until end of April so maybe thats not the case?

so it is, I read an article that said Xbox was 30 April, maybe it was an April fools joke.

thanks for pointing it out

downloading now, 45gb install

so it is, I read an article that said Xbox was 30 April, maybe it was an April fools joke.

thanks for pointing it out

downloading now, 45gb install

Let us know if you can actually play it once downloaded or not. My son wants to get it and was gutted when he heard it as PS4 only initially.

Its not the download time, its the waste of disk space. I haven't completed a campaign in a COD ever, haven't even started one since MW2 in fact, so 45GB for no multiplayer is completely pointless to me.

I only play viedo games to play against other humans to satisfy my competative nature. I'm not missing out if its something I have zero interest in :)

Every time I try the older games I am in hacked lobbies, would love to go back to MW3 multiplayer

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom