Monitor Audio Radius 225, still decent? What sub and speaker cable?

Pink moon

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of picking up a used pair to use in a stereo setup with a sub later on. Are they still a decent choice in regards to the sound quality? I will use them for my TV and some music listening. Or is the fact that they are wall mounted and has good aesthetics the best selling point?

I also read that they only take bare wire when wall mounted, is this true or could spades work to? Any cable suggestions?

I also wonder what subwoofer that could be a good fit. The radius models cost more than what I'm willing to put out. Are there any other budget ones that could work?

Thanks,

The 225s are a good sounding speaker, I was certainly happy with mine, but it is also true that you are paying a premium for the aesthetics.

Don't get the Radius sub as its pretty crap for movie use. Look at the BK range for something reasonably priced.

Any speaker cable >2mm will do, I used QED QX16/2 LSZH installation cable which is about £1 per metre. Bare wire is fine, save your banana plugs for the receiver end where bare wire is a pain to use.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom