Mono power amp

gixer1000

Established Member
Reaction score
I am after a mono power amp for my centre channel already have a xtz amp for my left and right around 150 watts my receiver is a demon x3400 any suggestions
Cheers

Behringer A800. Can be used in bridged mono or stereo mode. A great value amp. Reviewed on You Tube by Z Reviews and bench tested by Audio Science Review.

Nad C268, 300w to 8 ohm in bridged mode or much less in stereo. Really enjoying mine and looks to be a good long term investment for when I improve my speakers.

Nad C268, 300w to 8 ohm in bridged mode or much less in stereo. Really enjoying mine and looks to be a good long term investment for when I improve my speakers.
Will that be too much power for my centre speaker it’s a monitor audio apex a40 I think it’s power handling is 200 watts

Will that be too much power for my centre speaker it’s a monitor audio apex a40 I think it’s power handling is 200 watts
No such thing as too much power :D

Mine is an A40 as well and you just have to be sensible with the volume button. You'll reach ear bleeding level well before you ever come close to utilising that amount of power.

I haven't setup bridge mode on mine yet, instead using the Nad to drive the two fronts, which it does well.

I have mono or bi-amped mono throughout now, wouldn’t want anything other than more space

I wrote to Monitor Audio for their thoughts. They said no problem with my 300w and it should improve resolution at lower volumes. But they agreed that you should not turn up volume to max, which for all practical purposes would be impossible anyway. I’m going to bridge my Nad when I get the chance.

Gixer did you sort out a new power amp? I recently purchased a second Behringer A800 and am very pleased with the results in my system.

Gixer did you sort out a new power amp? I recently purchased a second Behringer A800 and am very pleased with the results in my system.
wild one ia am saving up and going to buy a either a 3 or 5 Chanel power amp and use my xtz either for my rears or heights cheers for asking

Just for the record I bridged the Nad amp and am feeding the A40 300 watts. Sounds great.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom