Monoprice Monolith THX Subwoofers

I haven’t pulled the trigger on the purchase but there doesn’t seem to be a restriction on the order numbers on the EU webpage for the 15” version. Is this restriction to having to order 4 something that happens after placing an order?

I haven’t pulled the trigger on the purchase but there doesn’t seem to be a restriction on the order numbers on the EU webpage for the 15” version. Is this restriction to having to order 4 something that happens after placing an order?

The website will allow you to place the order but you will be contacted afterwards to say that you can’t order just one unit.

I think end of the day you could get one from US using post forwarding company like planet express or so... Just don't know what would be the final price... But probably cheaper then ordering 4 😉

Am also interested in these cause they are even less the 50% of the price of the new Arendal 2V, so I informed about the shipping conditions:

Thank you for reaching out.

Our warehouse is located in Netherlands so there won't be any custom or transport fees as long as you are located in the EU.
After your order has been placed, shipping takes about 3-5 business days. Shipping for the amount of over 20 € is free.

I would also like to inform you that, unfortunately, due to some shipping restrictions, the warehouse can only ship this item in pallets of 4. So it is really not possible to buy just one. You can only buy four and get a 10% discount on 4.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

So even when shipping to the same country I have to buy 4, crazy.
Informed if I could pick up 2 but no response yet.

Also read some horror stories about the support of Monoprice and some DOA amps.
But hey I'm dutch and that price is really nice.

Well if you look at it as getting 4 Monoliths for less than the cost of 2 equivalent subs from others it kinda makes sense doesn't it? Sell any unwanted additional subs on and you're quids in!

Yeah, I'm probably going for the new 2v from arendal or maybe SVS.

You should also consider the new PSA, they are tremendous.

For me, If movies are your priority PSA are the brand to go to.

I had a look at Shop | powersoundaudioeu, do you mean those? Website is a bit dated and I couldn't find shipment costs.

Ordered a TV1812 from them shipped to nl was only about 15 euro so not that much, as Saul Goodman said PSA are amazing for movies and music as well. I would add them to you list for consideration, never heard the Arendals but they seem to get very good reviews.

Last edited:
I had a look at Shop | powersoundaudioeu, do you mean those? Website is a bit dated and I couldn't find shipment costs.

Yes that's the correct website. I would send @Rickyj at Kalibrate a pm on here, he is the European distributor. There's a big thread here to read through :-

Ordered a TV1812 from them shipped to nl was only about 15 euro so not that much, as Saul Goodman said PSA are amazing for movies and music as well. I would add them to you list for consideration, never heard the Arendals but they seem to get very good reviews.

You got lucky on the shipping costs. It should have been about £50, but the shipping weight had been put in wrong on website:facepalm:, but still shipping cost is usually just about an extra £50 per sub to EU, so not too much (sometimes less).

I found the Arendals a bit lacking in ultra low end grunt (sub 20hz). Great with music and upper bass chest slam.

I also looked at getting a pair of these but buying options are crap, plus I am in Ireland so even capper.

If they were to take orders in singles I think they would have had a few orders by now. But forcing people to buy four just isn’t going to work.

They’ve gong to the trouble to kit the subs out for sale in the EU, shipped them to the EU presumably being held in a warehouse facility and yet they have a strong possibility of not actually selling any.

I can see the cost and logistics for the business but for the customer, that’s another thing. They need to sell those pallets of four to support that business decision but right now it looks like they won’t sell any.
If they were to change that decision they may well actually sell some units.

Haha, this is the reply I got about asking to pick one up:

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, there is no possibility for you to pick up the parcel by yourself from our warehouse.
And unfortunately, after checking with our warehouse, it occurs that this is actually product that's available only for our B2B clients and the product will be removed from our store. So someone needs to be a Business customer to buy it.
I'm really sorry for the inconveniences this might have caused.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

It gets even worse !

So they’re only available for dealers to order but I don’t think there are any dealers.

Two would be a decent option but warranty issues are another problem , the do look great .

Two would be a decent option but warranty issues are another problem , the do look great .

Yeah I agree, the Warranty would concern me as well. They don’t appear to be particularly organised.

It's a damn pity cos if they had a UK distributor I would gey the subs and power amps ect

It gets even worse !

So they’re only available for dealers to order but I don’t think there are any dealers.

"I am a hifi business and would like to become Monoprice subwoofers dealership"

"Sorry but we're not interested in taking on dealerships. Bye"

It's a damn pity cos if they had a UK distributor I would gey the subs and power amps ect

I‘d guess a lot of people would be interested. But it now looks like the Subs are clearly off the radar. As for the amps, I definitely wouldn’t hold your breath over those. What they need is proper UK support and distribution.

Well, given that you can’t actually purchase a Monoprice, you would have to go elsewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom