Monoprice Monolith THX Subwoofers

Not sure it'll remain such a bargain once it filters into the UK but I'm sure the marketing hype will kick in to compensate. Would love to be wrong.

Nope, that price (however realistic) didn't survive -

Currency converted to GBP
Monoprice eu. £1,063.75 per item discount for 4 (10%) goes to £957.37 per item. Admittedly you had to buy 4 and even then they were skittish about actually selling them.

AAC £1599.00 per item (AVforum discount 15%) goes to £1359.5 per item.

So plus £401 per unit.

That said, since no-one appears to have bought any of the subs at the rice originally listed on the monoprice.eu website, can't really vouch for the original pricing structure.

The problem was they completely cocked up, not only where they not supposed to be on the Retail site, when they got listed there were listed at Trade not RRP.

These are also heavy buggers, at 75Kg, shipping is somewhere around £70 per unit, which has to be absorbed by someone.

Last edited:
Nope, that price (however realistic) didn't survive -

Currency converted to GBP
Monoprice eu. £1,063.75 per item discount for 4 (10%) goes to £957.37 per item. Admittedly you had to buy 4 and even then they were skittish about actually selling them.

AAC £1599.00 per item (AVforum discount 15%) goes to £1359.5 per item.

So plus £401 per unit.

That said, since no-one appears to have bought any of the subs at the rice originally listed on the monoprice.eu website, can't really vouch for the original pricing structure.

Yeah I thought it was a little optimistic. Monoprice uk don't seem interested in selling them or the processor.:(

Doing a rough comparison against the US price plus VAT, shipping etc the price with the AVF discount is still reasonable. Besides, 2 x monoliths for the cost of a single SVS Ultra PB16, seems a no brainer. :)

Agreed, you have to factor in the comparable costs of the competition, and they offer a lot at the AAC price, especially with the discount.

The price listed on the monoprice.eu site looked jaw-droppingly good. Now I can see why.

Agreed, you have to factor in the comparable costs of the competition, and they offer a lot at the AAC price, especially with the discount.

The price listed on the monoprice.eu site looked jaw-droppingly good. Now I can see why.

Yep. Had to calm myself with some valium.

Decent prices for the Monoprice Monolith range once you factor in the 15% AVF Member discount. :thumbsup:

I guess it was too good to be true.. :)
In that price range I don't know why I would choose Monoprice over PSA or Rythmik.

Im gonna guess I'm out of luck getting these to Sweden.
Would be interested in 2 15".

Hmmm made from chipboard..nah, not at this price

HDF same as in Arendal products.

" The Monolith subs use high-density fiberboard (HDF) as opposed to medium-density fiberboard that is the standard for speakers and subs at this price point. Monoprice choose HDF because they claim it makes for a more sonically inert cabinet. "

Inside look:

image_preview2

The 15" ones (finally) arrived at the beginning of the week.

I grabbed two and tested them before shipping to Germany. They are beasts both is stature and performance. Deffinately on a par with their counterparts, but you need room to absorb them. They are BIG.

I just ordered a THX 12” from the EU place given the silly price with the discount code.

It makes no sense how cheap it is with the shipping. Madness.

Does anyone know how long delivery takes please?

I just ordered a THX 12” from the EU place given the silly price with the discount code.

It makes no sense how cheap it is with the shipping. Madness.

Does anyone know how long delivery takes please?

Speakers are usually 3-5 days so I'd imagine Subs would be similar. You should get a shipping notification with a tracking number within a day or so.

Had one in the basket this evening and someone nabbed it when i came back ... own up who was it

They’ve just sent me an email cancelling my two 12” subs saying it was at my request. I assure you it wasn’t!

Edit: they’re out of stock they’re telling me. Gutted. Jinxed myself

Last edited:
They’ve just sent me an email cancelling my two 12” subs saying it was at my request. I assure you it wasn’t!

Edit: they’re out of stock they’re telling me. Gutted. Jinxed myself

Sounds like it’s them covering themselves because they didn’t have any left. I was wondering from early on but even more now as to how this company conducts itself.

Sounds like it’s them covering themselves because they didn’t have any left. I was wondering from early on but even more now as to how this company conducts itself.

Others report good customer service but obviously it's disappointing from my perspective currently. I would be interested to know if anyone else on here ordered a 12" over the weekend and have they had a cancellation also?

This is what i have to deal with daily with them.

Their prices remained firm for about 2 weeks, i trusted them again and uploaded the whole range to our site and was going to place a €5k stock order with them, then this week they did all this to you guys, making our prices look extortionate and then mess you around in terms of shipping and stock. Over all destroying any good will or value in their brand.

Madness, how can i trust them not to erode prices again and why would any of you pay RRP or even our bundle prices, you'll just wait for a bit for them to drop again.

Chris

They replied to my email. Won't be back in stock until Jan 2021. I'd imagine at full price too

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom