Monster Hunter World (X1)

Since the beginning I went with the Light Bowgun and love it. Unlike the Heavy Bowgun it doesn't have a shield but you can move quickly so you are able to dive/roll out of the way of incoming attacks.

The HBG for its special attack does a rapid machine gun like fire whereas the LBG plants explosive devices. The HBG also has cluster bombs which look amazing when raining down on a monster.

I tried the HBG and liked it a lot but the ability to move quickly while firing won me over in the end.

You will also need to collect more materials to craft ammo if you don't want to spend a fortune buying it.
thanks ..
I'll keep my bow as my main weapon but i need to farm nergi for talons/parts to upgrade my armour and weapons so just fancy trying something different....that will also break parts to help with my farming.

I imagine all the weapons break parts I know the Light Bowgun does. I find using Sticky, Slicing, Piercing ammo will remove items quicker than the rest.

thanks ..
I'll keep my bow as my main weapon but i need to farm nergi for talons/parts to upgrade my armour and weapons so just fancy trying something different....that will also break parts to help with my farming.

Or you could pop your ghillie mantle on and run around after him picking parts up when he scratches his back on the spikes on the floor.

I've played for around 28 hours now, and still only HR8 or so. I'm up the part in the story having returned from the pit of the Rotten Vale. Took me so many attempts to take down Odogaron, and that was with the Pulsar Shooter III HBG and slicer ammo, thunder ammo, cluster ammo; you name it, I used it.

Now I'm trying to take out a Ratholos on the Expedition quest and my God I'm finding it hard. Not because it's a difficult battle, but because it's such a grind and I'm being knocked out/fainting and having to keep trying again and eventually the dragon leaves the locale so all my hard work is for nothing. It's frustrating after so many minutes and hours. Again, HBG but tried the workshop Dual Blades (which are very OP in the right situation), Bone Smasher Swage Axe, Thunder Axe... I always find the bow gun's best against the flying monsters as they can be taken out of the sky easily. But it really is a grind.

Flash pods also bring dragons down to ground. I can only suggest searching sos's and jumping in with randomers

The XBox multiplayer is quite temperamental at times and gives a number of error codes trying to matchmake, but yeah that's a good suggestion :)

The XBox multiplayer is quite temperamental at times and gives a number of error codes trying to matchmake, but yeah that's a good suggestion :)

Get error codes all the time. I think I've only managed to join an online session about 6 times.

If you go into the parameter options, don't change anything just search and it will give you a server list showing HR level of the server creator and how many peeps out of 16 are in it.
Then simply select which you want and join. If you just click serach from the main server screen it doesn't work.

Sorry no, that's one that I've never used myself. Does it not auto work when you stand over uplift of air?
I can't take off the vitality mantle at the mo.

I'm amazed this thread isn't much larger?.. how are loads more people not playing this??. It's awesome!!!
I haven't been so hooked on a game in .. well.. I can't remember when.. but a long time!.. lol..
I'm 180 hours odd in and still loving it.. would be great to get a core group together to run some 4 man teams every night..

I'm amazed this thread isn't much larger?.. how are loads more people not playing this??. It's awesome!!!
I haven't been so hooked on a game in .. well.. I can't remember when.. but a long time!.. lol..
I'm 180 hours odd in and still loving it.. would be great to get a core group together to run some 4 man teams every night..

I know right! The mind boggles.

I put 1500 hours into Destiny 1 and like most other Guardians, have been left with a massive itch to scratch from Destiny 2.
This has totally replaced that void and more.

To anyone who likes to grind and chase perfect armor sets that compliment different weapon types I can't recommend this highly enough.

Last edited:
im on from most night from 8 so feel free to message me, currently HR47 running with a bow.

Is this decent for solo play??

Also I'm not a massive fan of digging through lots of stat screens and text etc
Not sure worth getting as don't want to co-op etc

Managed to beat the HR49 quest last night....not played anything that tense since the old destiny raid days...2 people had carted so another death and it was over...i was out of heath potions...great fun.

Unlocked augmentation now as well so more farming:)

I’m Hunter Rank 12 and I’m loving it. Played it all solo so far. I’ve just beat my first Bazelgeuse which took a few attempts. At the moment I’m really struggling to beat the high rank Diablos, he has a really BS hitbox and if I get carted once then he’s able to 1 shot me with most moves.
Not even attempted to do Nergigante.

I’m Hunter Rank 12 and I’m loving it. Played it all solo so far. I’ve just beat my first Bazelgeuse which took a few attempts. At the moment I’m really struggling to beat the high rank Diablos, he has a really BS hitbox and if I get carted once then he’s able to 1 shot me with most moves.
Im sure you are doing it already but upgrading armour and weapons is important...whatever us best use, also any crafting stuff that might give you an armiur

You are prob already doing it but make sure upgrade weapons and armour as you go, use any defence and attack buffs..crafting what you can. Diablos and Nergi are pain but once you learn their moves its satisfying to beat them.

Is this decent for solo play??

Also I'm not a massive fan of digging through lots of stat screens and text etc
Not sure worth getting as don't want to co-op etc
It is very stat heavy tbh and can feel quite overwhelming at 1st.

I'd have this down for GOTY if it wasn't for Red Dead 2 coming out later on in the year.

Well chaps, I'm onto the Nergigante quest. However, last night I decided to try and upgrade my weapons and armour in preparation. Bought a LBG as recommended; went down the Odogaron tree route and got the Rarity 6 "Fate's Ember", on the way to "Karma". Having not used the LBG and instead focus on the HBG, I was quite surprised at how much better it seems having that mobility (although lack of shield). I was using slicing ammo and the downside using that gun is the clip size is small (1!), so I was constantly reloading, which was a shame. I need the ammo up perk. Seemed to work well enough though.

That was, until I made a mistake at around 9:30pm last night, and decided to take on the Rank 7 quest of hunting Bazelgeuse in Elders Recess. I was up until 1am against this damn thing! I could navigate and counter his moves quite easily, but a combination of tiredness and other monsters interfering really destroyed me at times, especially having no dung pods. Carted a ridiculous amount of times but eventually got him to have a nap, then put down two tranq bombs only to see I didn't have any shock traps available! Thankfully I had a pitfall trap and that was enough to capture him. Was so relieved after all that time.

Will try Nergigante tonight, but may try a different LBG with a better clip size on Slicing and Thunder ammo.

Also quite enjoying my Switch Axe's too. Got a Perfected Alloy Axe (in prep for Nergi's axe) and this thing is blue sharpening, with 560 damage and 420 poison. Working well. Got a few other pretty high rank axes too, including a Rathalos and Jagras beast (exhaust phial is brilliant).

Other weapon I'm using is the dual blades. Enjoying those.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom