Monty Python's Flying Circus Season 1 Blu-ray Review & Comments

Evinger

Thanks for the review Cas. Timeless Craziness! I'm just imagining what Binge-watching this would do to my head! :eek:

Coulson

For things where the source picture and/or sound isn't that great I normally lean towards iTunes. However in this case I think this is worth having on disc, just to make sure it can't be lost, taken away or require an Internet connection.

Roohster

Distinguished Member
I wonder if they're testing the water for a box set? That'd be of more interest to me.
Quite tempted by this though :p

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
I wonder if they're testing the water for a box set? That'd be of more interest to me.
Quite tempted by this though :p
There is mate, a "Norwegian" UK Blu-ray Edition available from next week I believe. The individual seasons are staggered one a month.

Indiana Jones

There is mate, a "Norwegian" UK Blu-ray Edition available from next week I believe. The individual seasons are staggered one a month.
The boxset is available now...

Was only £90 when it first went up for pre-order at Network but still the £100 Network want beats Amazon by quite some way.

One of those involved with the restoration has been quite active on another forum answering questions and apparently a lot of the footage is actually 35mm but varies in quality however episode 10 is of very high quality.

Last edited:

wolfie138

big Python fan, but I have to sat I got season 4 from Poundland and didn't even make it through disc 1, was horribly unfunny.

Evinger

big Python fan, but I have to sat I got season 4 from Poundland and didn't even make it through disc 1, was horribly unfunny.
I don't think it would ever catch me as unfunny, but an episode can feel slow nowadays.
I much prefer the pace of the Movies.
And, though very not strictly MPFC, Fawlty Towers is to me the pinnacle. :)

Slinkywizard

I bought this the other day, got home, put in the disc and there was nothing on it. The disc was literally a black screen. Nothing. So I went back to HMV where I bought it and said to the chap there 'I wish to complain about this blu-ray what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique'.
  • He said: Oh yes, the, uh, the Monty Python Season 1 blu-ray...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?
  • I said: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. It's blank! That's what's wrong with it!
  • He said: No, no, it's uh... just warming up.
  • I said: Look, matey, I know a blank disc when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
  • He said: No no it's not blank, it's, it's revving'! Remarkable disc, the Monty Python Season 1 blu-ray, idn'it, ay? Beautiful slipcase!

And so on...

Indiana Jones

Had to skip to episode 10 to see for myself the ‘Ron Obvious’ sketch that is taken from 35mm and my god it looks incredible.